Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small goal

Iris lilies, good job on the irises!

and Rosa, you are already on your second project?! Wow.

i sanded and put another layer of mud on. I’m pretty sure this is the last mud unless I see any small dings I need to touch up. It should sand faster too because it is almost smooth already. So hopefully tomorrow will be sand, wipe down with a damp cloth, and prime. I need to check the barn for primer and paint.

So, I have primer and paint, but I didn’t make any progress yesterday. I made some different choices about how to use my time, which turned out to be poor choices.

i’m working on letting go of the self criticism and just holding on to the lesson for next time. (“This was a poor choice, do not choose it again.” Vs. “you made a(nother) bad decision.”)

Back on track! Sanded and primed!

Good job, CL!

Oh, I'm going to have to add to the small goal of painting. We just got new windows put in. I need to paint the trim (already primed) both outside and inside. That is something so hard to just get started. I found one interior door and trim around the front door where I never got around to painting them and it's been over 10 years since they were replaced. Oops.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Painting. Missed section. Yep.

I have 4 sections of iron fence to finish painting. I started that project about, oh, 15 years ago. The bare metal fence is ok but it is better if the surface is protected by paint. I finished two sections. Will do two more sections later.

I have a bag of 50 daffodils to plant.
    I'm not sure how I'm going to do that through several layers of cardboard and mulch. I think I'll have to plant in bunches or I'll be digging for a week

I hate to clean our motor home so of course I let it go until today with us leaving tomorrow. It took me 2 hours to clean it and 3 to load it but it’s done.

Have fun teacher terry!

a lot of us are painting!

mine is done! (Ok, actually I didn’t clean up yet.)

Love reading about goals accomplished!

So far in finding new structure in my life, I am going on hour-long walks by myself. The first couple of times were hard but it is getting easier. I also walk the old rail trail with a friend a couple of times a week. Today I started on a modified Zumba exercise program that is available for free once a week and doable so will add that to the mix.
    Tomorrow I will check out the swim programs at the local pool. I always said that when I moved to town, I would go swimming again but never did.

As I meet and talk to dog owners on my recent walks, I am finding that many are recommending smaller dogs. So far the only rescues available locally are German shepherds which are way too big for my house and too much for me to handle over the next 10+ years. The right little dog will come available through my dog contacts like the local boarding kennel that I used all the time, Humane Society, etc.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information