Thread: How we met stories

How we met stories

After reading Alan's adorable story of how he met his wife I didn't want to hijack UL's thread about online dating and women wanting kids, but I love reading about how people met their spouses/SO's. Everyone's story is unique and such a key part of the trajectory of their lives. I mean, I simply wouldn't be living in San Francisco and my career wouldn't have gone at all in the direction it did if I had never met SO. But now I can't even imagine being 50 year old JP and still living in NYC and what that would even look like.

Anyway, I'll start. I met SO in a pizza place. I'd been out with a couple of friends for happy hour on a friday night. My friends were going to see the second Lord of the Rings movie after we finished eating. I'd found the first LOTR movie to be PAINFULLY boring so I was just going to have an early night. Then a super cute red haired guy walked in with a couple of friends. They ended up sitting with us and as soon as his friends found out I was just going home afterwards they insisted that I join them and go to another bar. One beer later I was going home, just not alone...

A couple of months later something happened to make me decide that he was "the one". He'd mentioned that he had always wanted to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. So, one weekend he had come into NYC and we'd been running around all day and I said "there's one more place I want to go." I didn't say where, but we got on the subway and I took us to the Brooklyn side of the bridge where there's a station that you can literally walk out of the station onto the bridge pedestrian path. As we start walking back towards Manhattan he said "Wow! I didn't realize Brooklyn had such an amazing skyline!" I said "Turn around." He did, and said "What's that?" I said "That is the Brooklyn skyline..." He laughed and laughed at his mistake and spent the next week telling the story to anyone who would listen. I figured that anyone who was comfortable enough with themselves to do that must be a genuinely good person.

And now, almost 16 years later I guess the rest is history.

This thread is an excellent idea. I always enjoy hearing how happy life partners met.

We had one of these threads a while back:

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...521-How-we-met

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    We had one of these threads a while back:

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...521-How-we-met
    This is awesome! I don't have to wait for people to read my thread and respond. They already have!

edited to add, but reading bae's response to the earlier thread has left me sad. I guess none of us knows what tomorrow may bring. I guess love your loved ones today and hope for the best is all any of us can do.

Thread Information