Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: Cyborg romance

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,556
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    As someone who isn't aging particularly gracefully, I really appreciate this sentiment.
    My experience is that you fall in love with the software rather than the hardware if you have any sense at all.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    5,887
    Aging does bring it’s issues but beats the alternative. I have a appointment for a hearing test soon, need reading glasses, have back problems and other health issues. My husband has his own issues. We have been happy together for 20 years and just laugh about this crap. We laugh together multiple times a day. Finding someone compatible is key. Health and good looks fade and you are left with the true person inside. Make sure you like who that is.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Aging does bring it’s issues but beats the alternative. I have a appointment for a hearing test soon, need reading glasses, have back problems and other health issues. My husband has his own issues. We have been happy together for 20 years and just laugh about this crap. We laugh together multiple times a day. Finding someone compatible is key. Health and good looks fade and you are left with the true person inside. Make sure you like who that is.
    This is such great advice, Terry. My husband just had his hearing tested and the doctor said, "You have the best hearing I have ever seen in an over 60 year old man." I said, gosh, it would be more helpful to be measured against the 40 year olds. But at least he got a clean bill of health.

    Compatability is everything. We share so many things in common that we like to do, and we have a wonderful time together experiencing the world. I like to think I've got his back and he mine. He is still very cute, of course, but neither of us looks like we did in our 20's. But that would be kind of creepy, like living with Dick Clark or something.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,191
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    No, your opinion as to why you think women are rejecting you for this is what I was asking.
    Some probably lack self-confidence and feel like I'd be judging them for being a Cellulite. Like a skinny person watching a fat person eat a huge bundt cake.

    Some probably lack self-confidence and want to have access and immediate contact with me any given time. Clingy, that sort of thing.

    Some probably think: "If he is weird enough to be without a cell phone then he is probably really weird in other ways!"

    Others probably just don't want to deal with peer pressure, like they don't want to have to explain why their boyfriend doesn't have a cell phone.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    And yet here you are, engaging often in a Web forum in which you've never met any of us in person and -- except for a few random pictures and avatars -- have no idea what we look like or of our voices or body language. That does not seem to affect materially the way you interact with us.

    You don't want a mobile phone. Message received. But please don't act like the other several billion people in the world who find one a useful adjunct to their lives are the ones who are "off". You've made your choice; they've made theirs. Neither is wrong but it's a hard sell to intimate that their choice makes them less human.

    I agree that my time on here and my laptop usage is a bit cyborg. But I leave it at home. I unplug it on Sundays, sometimes the whole weekend.

    Also: I ain't trying to marry any of you!

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I think most would think, "I don't want to date this guy without a cell phone because then he'll expect me to give up my phone or use it less and sister that is not happening."

    To me this looks like a lack of self-confidence.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Cellaneous View Post
    Well, all I can say is that if you want to add yet another qualification to your pretty long list of "must-haves" in a potential girlfriend, please go right ahead. It will save lots of women the effort of getting to know you and then realizing that they don't want to be in a relationship with you. No one wants a partner who is sneering at them or their possessions.
    Just how long do you think my list is?

    In this context I don't want her to give her phone up. I just want her to be okay with me not having one. I also want a partner that will leave the phone in her purse on date night, while driving, or while "tumbling."

    Not really asking so much. Right?

  8. #38
    Moderator Float On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    By a lake in MO
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    To me this looks like a lack of self-confidence.
    No. Just the opposite.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Just how long do you think my list is?

    In this context I don't want her to give her phone up. I just want her to be okay with me not having one. I also want a partner that will leave the phone in her purse on date night, while driving, or while "tumbling."

    Not really asking so much. Right?
    The only one who can answer that question is the woman you are interested in dating. Although I agree that cellphones should not be used while driving.

    Some probably lack self-confidence and feel like I'd be judging them for being a Cellulite. Like a skinny person watching a fat person eat a huge bundt cake.
    The use of the term "Cellulite" implies judgement on your part, as does your example. so these women would be correct.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Cellaneous View Post



    The use of the term "Cellulite" implies judgement on your part, as does your example. so these women would be correct.
    People are are desperately afraid of being judged tend to lack self-confidence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •