Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Cyborg romance

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    No, some of us just accept it more easily than others.

actually, often I want to be wrong and am sadly not.
    I know! I love it when
    I have predicted bad outcomes and
    I wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    People are are desperately afraid of being judged tend to lack self-confidence.
    That's an interesting assumption.

It is possible that some women simply do not want a relationship with a man who looks down on them for having a cellphone and who calls them cyborgs and Cellulites and normies. Who, in effect, belittles them.

That may not be what your goal is. But that is what is coming across in your writing.

Let's think about this. Let's say I met a woman I really like, but who was into running marathons.

Following your train of thought: "I don't want to date her because she is a runner and I am not a runner. So she will probably make me run laps with her. That ain't happenin', sistah!"

But my train of thought is this: "I am open to dating a woman who is a runner of marathons. If she wants me to run laps with her I will simply decline. Though I will cheer her on and support her marathon running."

In my train of thought I don't worry about her judging me or "making" me do something. Why? Self-confidence.
    I cannot speak to your self-confidence.

However, someone else, with self-confidence, might have a different opinion of dating a serious runner. They might think, "Humm. She has a restrictive diet that has a lot of food I don't eat and not a lot of the food I do eat. She couldn't eat much of the meal I prepared for her last week because it didn't meet her diet requirements. She spends hours before and after work running and working out. She is at a different level than me, so we couldn't work out together. And she spends every other weekend traveling to various races. That would get boring for me after a while. So I choose not to date her, because we wouldn't be able to spend much time together, and spending time together and cooking are two of my favorite things to do."

And the woman herself might think, "Humm. He [generic he, not Ultralight] doesn't run. In fact, he doesn't do anything athletic, really. So we don't have that area of common interest. He is interested in museums and reading and volunteering at the animal shelter. I really don't have time for any of that right now. If I did enter a relationship with him, we wouldn't be able to spend much time together, and I am looking for someone I can share most of my life with. So, even though he is a nice guy, I am going to choose not to date him."

Both of these are equally valid points of view, as is yours. Different people want different things from a relationship. It has nothing to do with self-confidence and a lot to do with what each individual wants. Just because different people have different priorities does not make them lacking in self-confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Cellaneous View Post

It is possible that some women simply do not want a relationship with a man who looks down on them for having a cellphone and who calls them cyborgs and Cellulites and normies. Who, in effect, belittles them.

That may not be what your goal is. But that is what is coming across in your writing.
    That’s very true. There’s a difference between being desperately afraid and mildly irritated; although in this context the outcome for the would be judge will probably be much the same.

I doubt your need to be right all the time is going to be attractive to most women.

I totally agree Jane but UL said I am wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I doubt your need to be right all the time is going to be attractive to most women.
    “To keep your marriage flowing,
    with love from the loving cup.
    Whenever you’re wrong admit it.
    Whenever you’re right shut up.”
    - Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I totally agree Jane but UL said I am wrong about that.
    Geez--how did I miss that? He recovered nicely, though.

Of course, I would like to be right about everything. Do you want to be wrong about things?
    Those interested in science do, as it means there is more to learn. So know I know a know it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Cellaneous View Post

I do not call women I date any names. Let the record show that!

Thread Information