Thread: Toyota 4runner purchase

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    does she actually rock climb enough to buy a vehicle for that reason? Wouldn't just getting a rental sometimes makes more sense. Buying a vehicle for one's hobbies just sounds so bizarre (or one thing if one is rich and can afford multiple vehicles I guess).
    She climbs 6 months of the year, mostly indoors.

I suspect that a big part of it is image -- like a rock climber needs a 4runner to look the part.

She does seem to love the vehicle though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post

She does seem to love the vehicle though.
    Mark your planner and ask her again 2 years into those payments.
    I was so glad to pay off our 4-wheel drive truck 8 months early and that was only a $200 payment. I can't imagine a car payment close to my house payment. I know that's what I'm facing with my next car purchase so I'm socking away some savings now so I can pay in full if the Escape will last that long or at least have a solid down payment. I've always bought used but considering new this time around. I've had so many problems with this Escape (that was paid for in cash) that I might appreciate a warranty.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Mark your planner and ask her again 2 years into those payments.
    This is totally something I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I was so glad to pay off our 4-wheel drive truck 8 months early and that was only a $200 payment. I can't imagine a car payment close to my house payment. I know that's what I'm facing with my next car purchase so I'm socking away some savings now so I can pay in full if the Escape will last that long or at least have a solid down payment. I've always bought used but considering new this time around. I've had so many problems with this Escape (that was paid for in cash) that I might appreciate a warranty.
    Good luck!

Thread Information