Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October Purge

Y, I know lots of people that met their partners in their 50’s and 60’s using dating sites. Get out there if you want someone.

Yppej
    I'm just not that motivated TT. I don't want to put in any effort. I want something that's fun and easy not work. If it happens it happens, if not I am fine the way I am. I gave too much of myself in the past and things were not balanced.

ETA the other lamp was wobbly, much as its last user was morally wobbly, so I trashed it too and am using a spare from my downsizing parents until I find one I like that matches.

I got rid of two pairs of pants that had an irritating cut and also a tee shirt that bugged me.
    I did buy two more pairs of pants to replace these as I need long pants that are not capri length--it is freezing here.

Y, my current husband is easy and no work. It’s a decision for sure to put in the work to find someone. You never know when you will meet somebody.

We dropped off all the stuff we culled from the closet to Saver's yesterday, and did not go in to browse (thanks to DH for that part). We also gave away a sewing machine that has been sitting in our cellar in its original box for about 10 years (I had gotten it for free as an award I had selected from the Nielsen survey folks). DH has a co-worker who was excited to receive it. If I do ever learn to sew some day, THEN I will consider acquiring a sewing machine.

Took another bag to thrift store and plan to look at closet tomorrow

Dropped off a bag of "unworn for over 2 years" clothing to the thrift yesterday.

Dropped off a bunch of VHS tapes to Savers that we helped Mom purge (she no longer has a VHS player).
    I was fussing at DH for tracking mud all over the house. Turns out the very old pair of shoes I was wearing, that had not been worn for years, had soles that were just crumbling away with every step I took. So DH got an apology from his DW and another pair of shoes were purged from the household! We are fortunate to have a bin for recycling textiles ()including shoes within shouting distance of our house, so that is where the crumbling shoes are destined.

We have a community waste drop-off Saturday, so I'm taking flattened cardboard. used batteries, and styrofoam.

Thread Information