Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October Purge

October Purge

Didn't see this month started yet so...

Had our town wide yard sale yesterday. Didn't sell much, but anything I didn't have to take back into the house meant it was a success! I will be boxing up remnants today for a donation pickup on Tuesday - actually two xerox boxes of items. It's a good start to the month for me.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Just returned from parents' house where sorting through items. Purged a large outdoor garbage can full of moldy clothes and shoes, a broken fan and vacuum cleaner. Purged and replaced broken toilet and purged moldy drywall from where there was a roof leak.

My son took his grandfather's tuxedo, white linen jacket, and seersucker jacket, all of which were a perfect fit. So items were moved along to new owner.

Yppej
    Replaced a broken blind. Got a new garbage disposal to replace the broken one but still need to switch that out. DS wants to look at the manual and see if he can do it himself.

Getting rid of our old double bed and a 10 ft metal ladder which I will not climb up anymore (it's fire detectors with 10 year batteries and painting with extension poles after this). Called local the Habitat for Humanity chapter and after some back and forth emails, have a date for pickup in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to having more room in the garage after that.

Coaxed DH into going through his clothes and filled a large bag for fabric recycling and 2 large bags for donation. I culled 2 more pairs of shoes and several scarves from my stuff. I guess we're still wrapping our heads around not needing all this corporate wear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Just returned from parents' house where sorting through items. Purged a large outdoor garbage can full of moldy clothes and shoes, a broken fan and vacuum cleaner. Purged and replaced broken toilet and purged moldy drywall from where there was a roof leak.

My son took his grandfather's tuxedo, white linen jacket, and seersucker jacket, all of which were a perfect fit. So items were moved along to new owner.
    This clothing score is very cool! A vintage seersucker jacket is so so cool. Tuxedo will always be handy.

Yppej
    The last of my brush for the season is in barrels to be picked up Monday. Any leaves will wait for spring.

I took 2 bags of stuff to the thrift store today.

I'm using the outbox system. I keep adding clothes and shoes to some bins, and every 6 months or so I go through it and see what I'm ready to let go of.

It's less stressful to me than immediately getting rid of stuff, and we have the space.

Yppej
    I use the outbox system for clothes, only I call it purgatory.

Today I got rid of a lamp that annoyed me. The base was rusting. I took the matching lamp and put it on my side of the bed. It took me awhile to get to this point because it involved admitting there's not likely to be someone on the other side of the bed to use the other lamp.

Thread Information