Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lounge pants

Lounge pants

For many years (20+) I have been wearing several pair of black sweatpants around the house in winter. They were a Xmas gift from Spouse in the early '90s and I think it's time for them to move on.

What I'm looking for, I think, are lounge pants. Something really soft, warm and comfy I can wear around the house, but not be embarrassed by if I have to go out in them. Without a drawstring front (for some reason, they drive me crazy if I actually have to tie and untie them--I do have a summer pair that fits well so that I can just let the ties hang), boot cut, and of course, not too costly (like, under $30 a pair).

Ladies, any suggestions? Thank you!

Lands End "Starfish" pants. Several styles, all like dressed up sweatpants (the irony )

Land's End makes Sport Knit Corduroy Pants. They are knit, mostly cotton, have pockets and no drawstring. They are usually around $40.00, but Land's End is having a sale through the end of the month where you can get 50% off an item, so they are about $20.

I find the corduroy pants a bit warmer than the regular Sport Knit Pants, but I don't know if they would be warm enough for you.

Oh, and they do not seem to attract cat hair, which surprise me greatly.

I wear black yoga pants (not tight) Kind of like these: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-33...ts.jsp?prdPV=4
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I wear black yoga pants (not tight) Kind of like these: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-33...ts.jsp?prdPV=4

Haha, that is a really silly song, TMS. But maybe there's something to it!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I get gently used lounge pants at Goodwill or St Vincent de Paul. I sometimes wear mine outdoors in the front yard, so I appreciate the draw-string... less "plumber's crack" to amuse and inspire the neighbors.

I have some sweatpants that have open legs (no elastic at the bottom) and no drawstring, plus they have side pockets. I got them at Goodwill but the tag says Karen Scott Sport. They have worn for several years without pilling and they look enough like regular pants that I have worn them to work frequently (library, not dressy.) I really like them and will be searching to find out where to get more.
    In the past I have bought sweats on sale and just cut off the elastic and hemmed then to make them suitable for work and going out.
    I also like the LE Starfish slim leg pants, they are very flattering - but not as cozy in cool temperatures as my Goodwill pants, and no pockets

Yppej
    Where I live people wear pajamas in public. I have seen them in the workplace, court, et cetera, not just casual settings. They are cheap, warm, and comfortable. I have worn them to the store myself within the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    I have some sweatpants that have open legs (no elastic at the bottom) and no drawstring, plus they have side pockets. I got them at Goodwill but the tag says Karen Scott Sport. They have worn for several years without pilling and they look enough like regular pants that I have worn them to work frequently (library, not dressy.) I really like them and will be searching to find out where to get more.
    In the past I have bought sweats on sale and just cut off the elastic and hemmed then to make them suitable for work and going out.
    I also like the LE Starfish slim leg pants, they are very flattering - but not as cozy in cool temperatures as my Goodwill pants, and no pockets
    Karen Scott is a Macy's brand. I just checked their website and they have a lot of capri pants leftover from the summer at less than $10 on clearance, and the regular length sweatpants and fleece sweatpants are under $20 at full-price. Most have pockets, some don't have drawstrings.

Thread Information