Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MMM: "A Millionaire is Made $10 at a Time"

We have baseboard electric heat with a thermostat for each one. When we go to bed I turn them all down to 55 except the one in our bedroom and I close the door. When we get up and go in the rest of the house it is chilly. Otherwise we keep the heat at 68 or our 3 little doggies are too cold even with sweaters on.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We have baseboard electric heat with a thermostat for each one. When we go to bed I turn them all down to 55 except the one in our bedroom and I close the door. When we get up and go in the rest of the house it is chilly. Otherwise we keep the heat at 68 or our 3 little doggies are too cold even with sweaters on.
    TT, can I ask what your electric bill is? I think you said your house is not much bigger than mine. Every time I turn one of those heaters on I see dollar signs float in front of my eyes... what do you think I should expect if I use ours like you use yours?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It doesn't get nearly as cold here as by you. One winter we had a 400 bill in January. We also only have heaters in the LR, DR, and our bedroom. If someone stays in our guest room we use a space heater. Right now we are dipping into the 30's at night but our high this week is 70. So we keep the bedroom one on all the time and turn off the others as soon as the house warms up. Come winter it will be different. Yes it is expensive. Our house is 1400 sq ft.

Starting in Nov our bill will be about 200/month. Also our clothes dryer is electric. The only gas we have is in the stove. It also depends on how insulated your house is. Plus I know when I lived out East it was damp and we don;t have that so typically you have to keep it warmer because of that.

Thread Information