Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MMM: "A Millionaire is Made $10 at a Time"

If people get too annoying or rude they shut the thread down. Some people have been banned. A pretty civil group in general. A older group that saved for years and now are enjoying. Big variety of threads with many having nothing to do with money. More active forum than here.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said, Tybee. It is a different type of personality on that board.

Another good early retirement blog is Jacob Lund Fisker's: http://earlyretirementextreme.com
    There's no discussion board on it but a lot of food for thought.
    Thanks, Catherine, I will check this one out too!

Quote Originally Posted by Reyes View Post
    My lush spending right now is on a personal trainer. Never thought I'd spend that way but as a middle age woman I need some strength and I have none:-)
    I did the same for a while. It was money well spent!

I've been listening to the new edition of YMOYL and am enjoying revisiting the plan and ideas towards FI. I love reading/listening to new ideas about what "simple" living means. Vicki Robins does discuss in the new book that the idea of "simple" is not just one thing, but it is more about the feeling of "enough". It sounds like those who are retired or not have found their "enough" and some of us are still seeking that idea. I have to say I love the quest! My quest for enough keeps me grounded and makes me really enjoy the "treats" like a glass of wine while out etc. I am pretty lucky because I've always felt like I had enough and really never wanted much. I'm not sure how I developed that way. It could of been coming from a large family and not really ever getting or expecting the latest and greatest "thing". I do think there were multiple books and life experiences that drove me towards a quest for simplicity. YMOYL was definitely one of those books.

Yppej
    I am keeping the heat lower. Two years ago at 68, last year 67, this year 66.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I am keeping the heat lower. Two years ago at 68, last year 67, this year 66.
    Ha! My hormones have the heat at 67 and nighttime sleep at 62. I still wake up hot! Hubby is not warm enough poor guy!

It was 28 when we woke up. I just turned our down from 66 to 65. Of course wearing flannel helps. We will work in the garden today and will come in and it will feel HOT! So I will probably turn it down again. I also find drinking tea or coffee makes me turn the heat down.

This thread reminded me that I needed to check my thermostat. It did need turning down a little from 68F or 20C to 64.4F or 18C which is what I have on throughout the winter. I have a gas fi
    replace that is my luxury on cold mornings when I get up.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Mine is usually at 62 for the duration. If it's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY cold, maybe it goes up to 65.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It's getting cold up here, but we don't have a thermostat. We have 3 baseboard heaters just stuck to the wall with an on/off switch and the wood-burning stove. We are trying use the stove as much as possible, but sometimes we rely on the electric heat just to take the edge off the cold before the stove heats up. When we go back to NJ at the end of next week were going to feel like royalty being able to adjust the thermostat!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information