Quote Originally Posted by lhamo View Post
I love Beacon Hill! When we first got married my DH and I lived in a little studio just behind the VA building. We could walk down to the ID for cheap Asian groceries and yummy food.

If you like spicy food, try the little Sichuan place in the shopping plaza at the NW corner of 12th and S. Jackson. About as close as you can get to the real thing in Seattle. We used to go there all the time when we were in grad school. Not sure if they still have them, but you used to be able to get big bags of dumplings to take home and keep in the freezer -- great meal in a pinch.

Enjoy exploring the neighborhood. The ID is a great place to food shop and experiment with different tastes!

lhamo
We're on the other end of Beacon Hill, close to MLK and the light rail. But I bike through the ID on the way home from work, so one day I'll have to stop and try that place out. I already love the ID - when my friend flew up from SLC a few weeks ago we spent an entire day walking around the ID going to little shops and visiting the Museum of Mystery.