Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Khashoggi Disappearance: Looming Crisis or Simple Distraction?

Williamsmith
    Here’s a news flash! The Saudi Public Prosecutor has announced that after interrogating the “rogue” group....the act was “premeditated!” Now that that’s decided.....they can probably recover the body.

I see heads being lopped off in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Here’s a news flash! The Saudi Public Prosecutor has announced that after interrogating the “rogue” group....the act was “premeditated!” Now that that’s decided.....they can probably recover the body.

I see heads being lopped off in the near future.
    I am so hawkish about the Saudis. I think we need to teach them a lesson, a certain display of power. And say: "It could be a lot worse. Wouldn't want that, would we? Better straighten up."

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I am so hawkish about the Saudis. I think we need to teach them a lesson, a certain display of power. And say: "It could be a lot worse. Wouldn't want that, would we? Better straighten up."
    Unfortunately I don't see that happening. Saudi citizens attacked us on 9/11 and there was no reprisal towards Saudi Arabia. Instead, propaganda started to push Americans into attacking Iraq and Afghanistan. I remember asking a right-wing co-worker, why them? His answer: It doesn't matter which country as long as it's one of the ones in the Middle East.

Saudi oil, like North Korea's nuclear weapons, make them attack-proof unless we want to start WWIII.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    UL...that’s not an option. The various Chief Executive Officers of the military industrial complex would suffer greatly. Raytheon’s Thomas Kennedy would have trouble justifying his $5 million/ yr Cash and bonus salary.....his 10 million annual stock and options, his half million in other compensation and that doesn’t include his pension increases and deferred compensation earnings. We can tolerate a botched murder now and then. After all we are making bombs to drop on the heads of innocent civilians in Yemen, supporting a blockade which starving the rest of the population. ....what’s the big deal about a dead journalist now and then? They will be a little more careful next time to execute the cover up properly.

When I think of Saudi Arabia I think they embody the antithesis of civil liberty.

And it @#$%ing pisses me off!

Williamsmith
    It should be clear by now that the Trump administration is appreciative of the events that have distracted the main news away from the Khashoggi torture, murder, dismemberment and disposal. And his warning of severe consequences is a joke. Except his inaction is a sign for Saudi terrorists to feel empowered and will result in further incidents like this.

Hatice Cengiz, Khashoggi’s fiancé, should be remembered. She called on Trump to take appropriate measures to bring Khashoggis murderers to justice as well, those who ordered his murder. She must be sad that even though the whereabouts of his body is known, it hasn’t been recovered for proper burial.

I wonder what mental gymnastics some Americans are doing to justify condoning Trumps apparent approval of terrorism as long as its reality is properly covered up. It will be telling to see just how far down the rabbit hole the nation has gone when the voting begins November 6th. Whatever “nationalism” means to Trump, part of it seems to be casting aside all morality and right thinking for pure capitalism and tossing humans under the bus of financial progress.

Williamsmith
    More bad news for Trump in his hometown:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...nyc-waterfront

A report on how the Khashoggi incident is just the tip of the iceberg:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/saudi-dis...114854780.html

I am sure the Consulate General Of Saudi Arabia in New York City will be interested in the case as it develops. I wouldn’t want to be the head of the Detectives. But a good book will probably result.

Really sad about the sisters. Interesting article that the Saudi’s are trying to lure people back so they can kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    With a threat to increase oil oil prices to as much as $400 a barrel.....the Saudis have Trump over a barrel. Especially, since Trump has planned to tighten the screws on Iran’s ability to sell oil to the global market. He needs the Saudis to make up for that. Any lack of cooperation would send the US economy in a tailspin.
    I see oil is trading at $59.

Williamsmith
    I see Trump has figured a way for the Khashoggi incident to be a windfall for us in America, Land of the Great Again. In the ramp up to the long expected “Iran Sanctions”, OPEC and even Russia increased the oil output to make up for the loss of Iran’s oil output. And then at the last minute, Trump waived the sales to seven of the most important buyers of Iranian Oil. This created a glut of oil which is now being seen at the pumps.

I bought gasoline at $2.09 per gallon in the heart of the rust belt today. And by the way, the Trump base is strong at the local indoor flea market.

It seems Trump could continue to blackmail Saudi Arabia over the Khashoggi murder for quite some time seeing as how he now holds the keys to the Crowned princes survival in his intelligence file. Remember this every time you fill up at the pumps and thank Mr. Khashoggi for the economic boost to your bank account.

And now, I think I will go shoot me a deer.

Thread Information