Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Man cold!

You mean FMLA unpaid leave? I don't think that applies to me. I am a single man.
    I linked to the law, ok I'm not a lawyer but neither does this seem legalese:

"to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition."

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/benefits-leave/fmla
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    You mean FMLA unpaid leave? I don't think that applies to me. I am a single man.
    It is the Family and Medical Leave Act. It applies to any employee who might have a serious illness that prevents them from working, as well as employees who need to take time off to care for a family member.

Ugh. Sorry. My son went from Allergies to Man Cold and back to Allergies. He missed 2 days of work and blamed the man-cold part on a co-worker who worked while sick so thank you for taking a day off. Makes me thankful I work alone most of the time. We're having a cold snap so I hope that ends the allergy season but it's sure to bring on more colds.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Geila
    So what's the difference between a cold and a Man cold?*

I've found Musinex tablets to be the most effective when dealing with a cold. Dh and I just had it last week.

*UA - you're a bit of a drama queen, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    So what's the difference between a cold and a Man cold?*

I've found Musinex tablets to be the most effective when dealing with a cold. Dh and I just had it last week.

According to Harvard Medical School: "...early man evolved to require more prolonged rest while sick to conserve energy and avoid predators."

Because of female privilege, women recover quicker from colds and experience the symptoms less harshly.

A man cold is one in which the woman takes care of the man when he is being a big baby about being sick). Then the woman gets sick and still takes care of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    A man cold is one in which the woman takes care of the man when he is being a big baby about being sick). Then the woman gets sick and still takes care of everyone.
    The man cold is backed by research. We men suffer more when we get colds or flu.

Poor babies

Uh, no---it's a thing.

Eat Zicam, UA.

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    The man cold is backed by research. We men suffer more when we get colds or flu.
    How is "suffering more" quantified? By self-reporting? I don't buy it.

Thread Information