Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween shenanigans?

Halloween shenanigans?

Is anyone getting dressed up or having parties?
    I take part in our town Halloween parade, and I also like to be wearing a costume when handing out candy to trick or treaters.
    This year I'm going as the Moomintroll character Snufkin. He's one of my fictional heroes.
    https://www.moomin.com/en/characters/snufkin/
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

When we lived in a neighborhood with lots of little kids I would dress up myself and all the dogs. The kids really enjoyed it.

That sounds like so much fun. I burnt out badly in the Halloween costume department after hand-making Halloween costumes for 4 kids x 16-18 years. Almost 80 costumes. It was fun while it lasted.

Now our Halloween tradition is taking the grandsons to an awesome farm done up like a Halloween amusement park. Straw bale castles, mazes, petting zoo, corn-holes, Captain America throwing candy off a cherry picker, food trucks, photo op fall arrangements, hayrides, pumpkin patches. It's awesome. So we're scheduling our return to NJ around it. God knows if we stay up here I'm sure we will get NO Halloween action.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We're at a dance that night. Some folks opt to dress up and there's a prize for the best costume, but I don't usually think far enough ahead to do anything about it.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I love Halloween. It's my favorite. But like most things, it kind of takes having someone to share it with to make it really fun. Not my lot in life right now.

Last year DH had a gig and I went to the parade alone. I dressed up as a ninja and was completely incognito. I saw many people I knew, but no one recognized me.
    I really liked the experience!

I took off the head gear for the trick or treaters - a little too spooky.

As a pagan, Halloween / Samhain is an important holiday. Once the kids are gone I burn sage, light intention candles, eat candy, and read the Tarot. Usually Dd and cohorts stop by at some point - they like to make popcorn and go hang out at the graveyard. I'm, of course, too grown up for that

My wife and I were married on Halloween.

I will be celebrating it very differently this year, at a seminar for sexworkers :-)

Yppej
    New career for you Bae?

I have friends who party around El Dia de los Muertos. My beloved's birthday was around that time, so we could have several days of celebration if we were so inclined. I prefer the Day of the Dead to Halloween, all in all--there's no annoying trick or treating, and you can celebrate with your friends on the Other Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    New career for you Bae?
    Nah, it's just medical outreach. Hmmm though.....

Thread Information