Thread: Tech help, convert images in Hxxx to JPEg

Tech help, convert images in Hxxx to JPEg

I have images stored on Icloud taken last week on my Ipad using IOS 12.x

those seem to be an the new format of Hxxx.

when I attached them and sent to someone, she said she needed them in JPEG format.

None of the instructions I see on the web make a lick of sense to convert these images to jpeg.

help, please.

I was under the impression that iPads and iPhones would automatically convert the HEIF or HEIC images to JPEG when they were attached to an email. The format is new enough that the latest Windows versions don't yet support it, so I suppose you'd need an image manipulation tool to do the conversion for you.

Here's an online tool which should do the job for you: https://heic2jpeg.com/
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thank Alan. i tried this tool and got this screen message saying that my image is not in either of the Hxxx formats.i may just throwmin the towel,and tell her I cant do this thing she asks. I could also send her one attachment rather than seberal to,see how thatbworks for her.

9845DD51-2328-420F-B533-C6618A827ACB.jpg

I went to look on DW's iPad for a picture to see if there were built-in conversion options and the picture came up as a JPEG from the get-go. Her iPad still is on iOS 11.x (haven't moved to 12 here yet) so I can't be of much help on this one. The two suggestions I can make are to try long-pressing on an iCloud photo to see if it presents you some conversion options or to see if there's an option (among the ones at the bottom when you "Select" the image) to Share as JPEG or add to email or something like that. IL, are you using Apple's Mail app?
    If Americans expended even a fraction of the energy on civic engagement that we spend on consumer ideology, our democracy would be much healthier. Can you imagine people camping out to vote? -- Charles Roberts, Amherst, Mass., Nov. 25, 2006

Steve, no dont use Apple mail, I use An At and T product.

I decided to abandon this, but thank you. I couldnt see any obvious options to convert when pressing on photo, and I think you are right that there is supposed to be something there but I just can’t find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I was under the impression that iPads and iPhones would automatically convert the HEIF or HEIC images to JPEG when they were attached to an email. The format is new enough that the latest Windows versions don't yet support it, so I suppose you'd need an image manipulation tool to do the conversion for you.

Here's an online tool which should do the job for you: https://heic2jpeg.com/
    No pw I think you are right. Someone sent a reply to me of an email I had sent to her with a photo attachment. His reply labeled my photo as a JPEG.

I think the other person who couldn’t load the photos I sent was having some other sort of problem.