Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OH Canna-bis^^ My Home .....

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    The biggest issue is the combo alcohol and cannabis when driving or operating a machine or at any work setting requiring alert attention.
    No one has a proven test for inebriation that will hold up in court.
    The smell from the growers who don't use air filtration is a major issue for neighbouring properties.
    Which makes me wonder how authorities measure impairment by opioids and other pharmaceuticals.

After the accident, I assume, in bloodwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Which makes me wonder how authorities measure impairment by opioids and other pharmaceuticals.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

If we are going to start following Canada’s lead, could we please echo them in having a strong decentralized government? You know, kinda like our founding fathers envisioned? Pretty please?

You can smell alcohol, you might be able to smell cannabis (if smoked), but pharmaceuticals have no telltale characteristics. Unless they test everyone involved in accidents, which would be cost-prohibitive.

Williamsmith
    Having been burdened with the enforcement of simple possession of controlled substances.....I’d say I would much rather conduct a death investigation. Nothing ruins a young person’s future more than the presence of a illegal substance conviction on a criminal history report. We are a mature enough nation to find other ways of addressing it rather than imprisonment and punishment......aren’t we? Kudos to any jurisdiction that tries to find a better way.

except that the blood will show pot usage days or weeks afterwards, long after one is no longer impaired.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm offended on behalf of my friends who use cannabis for medicinal reasons. Like my stroke-victim relative who finds it far preferable to opioids. I'd be offended on behalf of myself, but I recognize an uninformed throwaway line when I see one.
    Hey, medicinal purposes, ennui, whatever reason you like. Adults should be able to choose their poison. Just as we should all have the right to take offense at whatever we like, whether forthrightly or by presumed proxy.

Speaking of "poison." cannabis is notably non-toxic--fatal overdoses are unheard-of. Wherever it has been made legal, opioid deaths have declined.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange.../#153601285696

Now that it has been made legal in Canada, it will be studied exhaustively, which may be bad news for Pharma and Pharma investors. After all, cannabis was medicine long before anyone thought about making obscene profits off Illness.

Even if it doesn’t turn out to be a golden age of self-medication, I think people should be allowed to indulge in any substance they like. No need to clothe it in clouds of righteousness. We shouldn’t need to defend our vices to any moral arbiters.

That's the difference between us. I don't see it as a vice, but a useful. innocuous substance, less problematic than a glass of wine. I guess anything can be a vice if it's misused.

I don't think it's a panacea, but it has helped people I know with a variety of ailments from insomnia to arthritis to post-stroke pain to the process of dying. I haven't taken the time to experiment with it much for my own issues, but I may yet.

Thread Information