Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Something to hook to the wall without penetrating the wall?

I cancelled my match.com subscription anyway.

How long is the space you're trying to fill with a drape? Could you find a cheapish room divider?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    How long is the space you're trying to fill with a drape? Could you find a cheapish room divider?
    Room divider?

I bet someone on Freecycle will have a folding screen you can get free of charge. Or you could check thrift shops.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I bet someone on Freecycle will have a folding screen you can get free of charge. Or you could check thrift shops.
    Yes, that! Amazing things show up at the thrifts and Free cycle. I have a 4 panel screen right now thst I would give you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Room divider?
    Yeah.....it's like the folding screen that Jane and IL are talking about. they are usually in 3-4 sections with hinges. Just google it.

My daughter has one of those lightweight Indian tapestries as a room divider. She used three thumbtacks to hang it.

I don't think most landlords would object to that.

I suspect you are taking the idea of never doing anything but sleeping (and well maybe) in the bedroom a little too far. I know people say that but I've never taken it entirely literally (I read in my bedroom, talk on the phone in it as well, relax in it when I just want to stare at the walls). I don't think it's literally true. Of course if you stay up way past bedtime reading or watching movies or internet or (for most people it's the smart phone) then it's a bad habit I guess. If hanging stuff was to block light well that really disturbs sleep.

You could look into a room divider like this if it's kind of just about having two separate areas, they seem to come in all types of styles, sheer like this, solid etc.. I've used it around the bed (in one studio apt I lived in) but to block some of the light:

https://www.amazon.com/ORE-Internati.../dp/B000YJK6HO
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    So I was thinking I could have one futon on one side of the room for lounging -- reading, drawing, movies, etc. -- and then one futon on the other side of the room just for sleeping. And the curtain would separate them.

But another idea I had was to set up my tent. And then just sleep in the tent.
    I was going to say "ixnay" on the tent idea but then it occurred to me that it would be a great way to very quickly filter out women who were not excellent candidates for a relationship. But it doesn't sound very comfortable to me anyway and I suspect that you would end up sharing the tent with Harlan if he couldn't see you in the room from the other futon ('course, this could happen anyway).

But if the "lounging" futon were left as a couch/sofa and the "sleeping" futon were left opened up as a bed, who would be the wiser? It wouldn't be much different from having a bedroom alcove or such in an efficiency apartment.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...39.OtcqsKOXhks So many room divider ideas.
    Do you have access to pallets? Everyones building with free pallets these days. Then you can add it to your dating resume "can build anything out of a pallet".https://www.google.com/search?biw=19...30.ZbDsB3bdym4
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information