Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trump's latest not going over well in my neighborhood.....

Glad to hear you men are getting some news in the cave)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm just for basic human rights with socialized medicine.....America really doesn't have this offer it's citizens, and due to Internet, it's vulnerable to it's young bailing due to discovering these cold blooded facts and acting in their best interests....no BS or smoke and mirrors from EITHER side of the aisle is going to change this cold blooded reality.....something that schoolchildren in the 85006 (and I rather suspect other low income zip codes) know from a young age. No way to dance around this one....it's just cold blooded citizenship reality. Are you up to dealing with it? That's up to each of us on our own. Rob

ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    ROFL
    I'd wager if your asset base were not so high, you would not be laughing and would understand...…..no biggie, millions of other Americans get this and the future is going to be interesting in this country to say the least....I've already got bailing plans and bags packed....can you say this, honestly? Rob

I believe I have mentioned several times, Rob, honestly, that I have several exit plans, and have been working on them for years. I almost just moved to Norway 3 months ago, and almost took a job in Iceland a few months earlier. I understand the immigration process and requirements there, and have made efforts to learn the necessary languages, and to find employment.

But not because I'm afraid tanks will line the Mexican or Canadian borders and keep me from travelling there.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I believe I have mentioned several times, Rob, honestly, that I have several exit plans, and have been working on them for years. I almost just moved to Norway 3 months ago, and almost took a job in Iceland a few months earlier. I understand the immigration process and requirements there, and have made efforts to learn the necessary languages, and to find employment.

But not because I'm afraid tanks will line the Mexican or Canadian borders and keep me from travelling there.
    For what it's worth, Bae, I'm glad you have plans to get out. There truly is no hope nor future in America...…...the sound of the ticking debt clock should prove that to any non-believers, coupled with the priorities of the American government for spending. Truly there is no hope nor future here, but personally? I've known this since 1975 when I first say police brutality right in front of me (long before I ever set foot in the 85006 or ever heard of it)…..to me such knowledge is akin to knowing how many miles it is to Tucson or Flagstaff or the Mexican border......everyday basic fact and knowledge. No one had to tell me this - I am able to connect the dots on my own and figure this out for myself. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I've known this since 1975 No one had to tell me this.....
    …..I am able to connect the dots on my own and figure this out for myself. Rob
    I think it much more likely that you were indoctrinated as a child and have never been able to overcome your training. Consider it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan, we never agree but I think you are right. While much is wrong with our country there is no utopia but people will do anything to get here . We are a international family with my DIL from Poland and my SIL from Russia. There is much social injustice everywhere but I am grateful to be a American.

Thread Information