Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trump's latest not going over well in my neighborhood.....

I agree with the idea of new blood, even though I have the utmost respect for Warren, Sanders, Brown, and others, we need young people involved. I'd like to see O'Roarke, Harris, Merkley, Gabbard, and some of the many, many other solid potential candidates step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    As I have said before people couldn’t bring themselves to vote for a woman.
    They couldn’t bring themselves to vote for that woman, not a woman. I considered it in light of Trump’s loutishness, but in the end could not get past her many negatives.

As I have said before people couldn’t bring themselves to vote for a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    They couldn’t bring themselves to vote for that woman, not a woman.
    That's the line that got me too. I think we are being led to believe that gender trumps everything. There is no room in some peoples mind for non-gender/race based ideology or principles, which leads to the erroneous conclusion that anyone who did not vote for the female candidate did so for sexist reasons.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I agree with the idea of new blood, even though I have the utmost respect for Warren, Sanders, Brown, and others, we need young people involved. I'd like to see O'Roarke, Harris, Merkley, Gabbard, and some of the many, many other solid potential candidates step up.
    The Democrats would certainly seem to have a wide variety of ideological and demographic choices this time around. It will be interesting to see what kind of party they want to be.

I read recently that Joe Biden was leading the pack in the polls with Bernie a fairly distant second. The rest were in single digit territory.

If you don’t think there is race and gender discrimination you are living in a cave. Harry Reid said good thing Obama was light skinned or he couldn’t have gotten elected. A lot of older people both men and women won’t vote for a woman . It’s also insulting to think that people don’t vote across party lines as you insinuate. I voted for our governor who is a Republican.

If you don’t think there is race and gender discrimination you are living in a cave.
    The view from my cave was that Mrs. Clinton lost because she was a spectacularly awful campaigner, she alienated a sizable section of her own party during the primaries, she virtually ignored some states she needed to win, she superciliously insulted large numbers of the electorate and seemed to confuse fundraising with electioneering. She earned that loss in her own right.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The view from my cave was that Mrs. Clinton lost because she was a spectacularly awful campaigner, she alienated a sizable section of her own party during the primaries, she virtually ignored some states she needed to win, she superciliously insulted large numbers of the electorate and seemed to confuse fundraising with electioneering. She earned that loss in her own right.
    I tend to agree with you about her lackluster campaigning--she's definitely not a natural flesh presser. But even with that, and the ever-present "anything but a woman" sentiment abroad, she still won the popular vote. Joe Biden was a good vice president, but I think his appeal comes from nostalgia for the Obama days. He's an old dog who has had his day.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I tend to agree with you about her lackluster campaigning--she's definitely not a natural flesh presser. But even with that, and the ever-present "anything but a woman" sentiment abroad, she still won the popular vote. Joe Biden was a good vice president, but I think his appeal comes from nostalgia for the Obama days. He's an old dog who has had his day.
    She got more hits but fewer runs, so she lost. I personally don’t think that makes the loss illegitimate. I’d be curious as to why “anything but a woman” applies when “anything but a black” manifestly does not.

I agree the Democrats could do better than Mr. Biden from an electoral standpoint. Of course any number of weird and wonderful things could happen over the next couple of years.

Obama was a fabulous speaker and really connected with people. Note what Harry Reid said abut him in a previous post. Also he is a MAN! McCain picked a female moron for his running mate.

Harry Reid said good thing Obama was light skinned or he couldn’t have gotten elected.
    Obama was a fabulous speaker and really connected with people. Note what Harry Reid said abut him in a previous post.
    Harry Reid, like others of his ilk, never embraced the idea of judging people by their character rather than the color of their skin. Bill Clinton also famously told Ted Kennedy that just a few years ago, he (Obama) would be serving them coffee.

It's always bothered me that the popular leaders of a party calling themselves liberal could be so illiberal, but I guess it works for them, you can tell by the actions of their followers.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information