Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's latest not going over well in my neighborhood.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Trump's latest not going over well in my neighborhood.....

Apparently there is a huge caravan of 4,000 plus folks that have fled Honduras for the United States and have traveled through Guatemala and are approaching the Mexican border with Guatemala. Trump has tweeted this morning with a threat to send the military to the US Border to close the border with Mexico if Mexico does not intercede to stop the flow.

Where the issues arise is the number of US Citizen deaths that will take place with a sealed US/Mexico border....how many people desperately needing health care will die due to lack of access in the US and affordable health care not being available in Mexico if the border is indeed sealed. I consider a form of indirect murder on Trump's part, should he carry out his threat. How can one ever forgive America for this - people dying due to lack of access to affordable health care in the US, used as mere political pawns and denied access to affordable Mexican health care (should the threat be carried out, as of this writing it's a threat only). Why does Trump so horrendously care so little for the lower classes in America?

And those who have as of yet not lived in fear of America - this all will escape them until they lose their status/slot in the middle class or above......uggggggggggggghhhhhhh. All I can say is we can't close the border - people are not willing to play the role of victim to this country like they used to be. I'm really scared for what may happen if Trump carries out this threat. Stay tuned, this could be a real lesson as to the true nature of the United States and how little American citizen life means to American society. I watch with fear but yet with some interest, having learned that which I am posting about years ago. Rob

Why does the caravan not stop in Guatemala and resettle? Or Mexico? Or perhaps they could go up to Canada?

Why does the US have to take them?

Is there something wrong with a country having borders?

Oh rob, really.

Yawn.

I may be wrong, but I don’t see stepped up border enforcement inconveniencing medical tourism as a pivotal moment in history.

There are issues on one side that I agree with, and some on the other side (conserv vs dem).

But I do feel like we're not here to save everyone. We're not here to give less care to citizens who are already here, so that we can take care of the whole world.

I know it's hard being human, in that many of us have compassion for lots of different people. But seriously..........where does it stop, letting so many people come here?

Even though I feel this way, I do think Trump is an ass and I don't like wanting things he wants.....At least not in the way he carries them out.

Life can suck for many Rob. But at what point does a country decide to save everyone, while already neglecting the citizens who have been here a long time? (Poverty, health, education, etc., etc.)

If we let everyone in who wants in, what's in store for all of us in the future?

I feel it's pretty unrealistic for people to think we can endlesslessly let in everyone. Yes, it's all very sad. But we need to consider all those who are already here and have been here a long time. It's not an elitist notion. If you were in charge of the border and let everyone in, then trying to work everything out all over the country as to who gets what care, and what is fair and isn't, you might develop a different perspective.

I feel that it is very rational and reasonable to limit who comes in. Sad, yes. Tragic, yes. But life isn't always fair.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    There are issues on one side that I agree with, and some on the other side (conserv vs dem).

But I do feel like we're not here to save everyone. We're not here to give less care to citizens who are already here, so that we can take care of the whole world.

I know it's hard being human, in that many of us have compassion for lots of different people. But seriously..........where does it stop, letting so many people come here?

Even though I feel this way, I do think Trump is an ass and I don't like wanting things he wants.....At least not in the way he carries them out.

Life can suck for many Rob. But at what point does a country decide to save everyone, while already neglecting the citizens who have been here a long time? (Poverty, health, education, etc., etc.)

If we let everyone in who wants in, what's in store for all of us in the future?

I feel it's pretty unrealistic for people to think we can endlesslessly let in everyone. Yes, it's all very sad. But we need to consider all those who are already here and have been here a long time. It's not an elitist notion. If you were in charge of the border and let everyone in, then trying to work everything out all over the country as to who gets what care, and what is fair and isn't, you might develop a different perspective.

I feel that it is very rational and reasonable to limit who comes in. Sad, yes. Tragic, yes. But life isn't always fair.
    Hi Cathy......I'm thinking maybe my OP was unclear. My issue is not with the fate of the Hondurans coming this way but of American citizens dying due to the US/Mexican border potentially being sealed - people dying due the nightmare lack of affordable health care in the US and due to affordable health care being sealed off in Mexico, were the border to be truly sealed. I am not posting here of the fate of the 4,000 migrants coming this way - I'm not entirely sure where I stand on this, anyway. Once again, I refer to US citizens dying due to lack of access to health care in the US - and entry to Mexico potentially being sealed off to save human life via Mexican health care.

Not an issue the liberal US media is willing to tackle, but it's my first thought after Trump's threat to seal off the border. How many Americans are going to die now as human life means so little in America as is evidenced by the lack of socialized medicine for all. That's my gist/point. But I also agree with you that we can't save the entire world, also...…..Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I may be wrong, but I don’t see stepped up border enforcement inconveniencing medical tourism as a pivotal moment in history.
    Were you sick and unable to access health care in the United States, you'd quickly be singing another tune. What is it with Americans being so unable to place themselves in the shoes of another? I'll never figure that out...…...Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh rob, really.

Yawn.
    Be grateful you are in a financial position to so cavalierly yawn, IL. I mean this with no snark but here's a newsflash....not all Americans can so cavalierly yawn.....to some scattered individuals out there this is a life and death issue clearly showing how little human life means in America. Want proof? US citizens deaths due to a sealed border denying desperate Americans access to Mexican health care suffices for me and the rest of my neighborhood - no need to once again state the zip code at this late date. Rob

Thanks for clarifying that Rob. Sorry I misunderstood.
    But......and maybe I'm just unaware.........does a "sealed border" mean that U.S. citizens can't go to Mexico either?

[QUOTE=bae;311786]Why does the caravan not stop in Guatemala and resettle? Or Mexico? Or perhaps they could go up to Canada?

Why does the US have to take them?

Is there something wrong with a country having borders?[/QUOTEI never said the US should take them, Bae. My post concerns only the potential for affordable health care across the border being sealed off to US citizens which of course will result in deaths of US citizens as America truly could care less if we live or die.....unless one has lots and lots of money. I don't, and I live in a border state, and I know this country for what it is so of course this is a huge issue to me, literally larger than life.

As to the fate of the Hondurans on the run, I am 50/50 on this and will need to think it over more before I post regarding such. Rob

Thread Information