Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump's latest not going over well in my neighborhood.....

So I did some research and trump can close the border and not allow citizens to go to Mexico. 2 presidents have done it to get what they wanted from Mexico. However, most believe it is just a ploy to rile his base up before the election. Doing so would really hurt the US economy especially the 4 bordering states. Rob, worries about stuff that is unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    So I did some research and trump can close the border and not allow citizens to go to Mexico. 2 presidents have done it to get what they wanted from Mexico. However, most believe it is just a ploy to rile his base up before the election. Doing so would really hurt the US economy especially the 4 bordering states. Rob, worries about stuff that is unlikely to happen.
    Yeah--but this president is a whole new phenomenon. He's testing boundaries all the time in his quest to be a "strongman" like his pals Putin, Kim, Duterte, Erdogan, Salman and any other dictator I may not have mentioned. I would put nothing, nothing past him.

That’s true Jane. I really miss having a president that knows how to speak among many things. It is painful and embarrassing to listen to him talk. He had people cheering him on when he spoke the other day praising the congressman that shoved a journalist. What is wrong with people?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    That’s true Jane. I really miss having a president that knows how to speak among many things. It is painful and embarrassing to listen to him talk. He had people cheering him on when he spoke the other day praising the congressman that shoved a journalist. What is wrong with people?
    Thank You for posting this, TT. On a purely humanitarian level strictly beyond mere politics I find Trumps praising the Congressman that shoved the journalist absolutely repulsive. I am so embarrassed to be an American - not only due to this unparralled (sp?) behavior from Trump, but also due to the fact that enough Americans voted this man in to make him President. Beyond the serious deficiencies with this citizenship given America's status as a "wealthy" (sarcasm intended due to hugely inequal wealth distribution) - what does this say about the American people overall for voting him in? Very scary. Just very very very scary. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yeah--but this president is a whole new phenomenon. He's testing boundaries all the time in his quest to be a "strongman" like his pals Putin, Kim, Duterte, Erdogan, Salman and any other dictator I may not have mentioned. I would put nothing, nothing past him.
    Jane, I agree here 100 percent and then some. I too would put nothing past the man. Rob

TT, I hope you are right, I very much hope so. Something else beyond preventable US Citizen deaths were the border to be sealed and access to affordable, life-preserving health care in Mexico to be brutally cut off - what about our produce prices given that so much of our produce comes from Mexico these days? When those prices rise, who is going to give American workers a complimentary raise to make up for rising produce prices? Why do so few Americans realize/think about this?

I've never seen America in all my life to be as scary as it is now. Rob

H
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    TT, I hope you are right, I very much hope so. Something else beyond preventable US Citizen deaths were the border to be sealed and access to affordable, life-preserving health care in Mexico to be brutally cut off - what about our produce prices given that so much of our produce comes from Mexico these days? When those prices rise, who is going to give American workers a complimentary raise to make up for rising produce prices? Why do so few Americans realize/think about this?

I've never seen America in all my life to be as scary as it is now. Rob
    As usual, I would like to know what constitutes the environment that will cause you to pick up your packed bags and flee?

Has it occurred to you that you are already the frog in the boiling pot?

I really hope that the Democrats find someone new to run against him. Not the same old people. We need new blood. As I have said before people couldn’t bring themselves to vote for a woman. People believed his lies. Although, some of those people are now sorry. I saw some farmers be interviewed about this.

Also in another WTF moment a congressman is speaking to inmates in treatment for substance abuse and starts telling them all his problems and how rough his life is. Republican of course. Can’t even pretend to care.

I really hope that the Democrats find someone new to run against him. Not the same old people. We need new blood. As I have said before people couldn’t bring themselves to vote for a woman. People believed his lies.
    What do the Democrats have against women?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information