Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's latest not going over well in my neighborhood.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that Rob. Sorry I misunderstood.
    But......and maybe I'm just unaware.........does a "sealed border" mean that U.S. citizens can't go to Mexico either?
    Thank You, Cathy. And from what I understand, the answer to your question would be a two way seal, meaning that we as US citizens would be auto-denied entry to Mexico, too....hence the reason why this issue is so large and compelling to yours truly. Rob

Better grab those bags and flee while you can.

And who are all these people with life threatening illness who are not on Obama care or Medicaid? But they have the money to pay for treatment in Mexico.

So I was curious and looked it up and many people go to Mexico for treatment because their deductibles are so high that it is much cheaper to do so. They said millions do so every year. Also some people have no providers in their local area on the ACA so have decided not to buy it.

So they are doing it to save money, I understand, but it’s not because they can’t get care here.

Also aren’t those who chose not to buy insurance breaking the rules. Arnt the poor getting subsidies to buy insurance?

If a family has a 6k deductible and the average family of 4 makes 50k/year they can’t afford to use their health insurance making it worthless.

Back to my question........."Closing the border"........does that mean U.S. citizens can't go to Mexico either?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Back to my question........."Closing the border"........does that mean U.S. citizens can't go to Mexico either?
    Along with everyone else in the world, I don't know any details of this idea, but I would assume that existing ports of entry would be maintained, Rob's assumptions notwithstanding.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks Alan.

Thread Information