Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Got flu shot.........

I wouldn't apologize; he never does. I think of his approach to most conversations as BDSM: badger, dismiss, snark, and mansplain. Very tiresome.

I usually don't read many of his posts or responses, so I didn't know this. Now I know. I wonder what he's really so mad about, on a deeper level?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you UL? Do you need to go up on your medication perhaps? Your responses to some things lately have been very curious.
    I am asking for medical evidence for a claim that you made about reactions to immunizations. Is that really that far out?

I usually don't read many of his posts or responses, so I didn't know this. Now I know. I wonder what he's really so mad about, on a deeper level?
    Mad? LOL

Annoyed with people who make claims without any kind of evidence? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    ...mansplain.
    I would be very interested to hear you explain to me what you think "mansplaining" is and how I have purportedly done that.

But... I am guessing you will:
    1. Ignore this request for clarification.
    2. Respond in a way that further obfuscates whatever point you are trying to make.

Watch. I am about to be a psychic!

UL......everyone is different in their reactions to things. First of all, I think you confused me with someone else's post. Next, the different people's reaction to the same drug can't be compared, or minimized because the doc doesn't give it a name. Systems can be very different.
    So......that's it for me talking with you about this.

UL......everyone is different in their reactions to things. First of all, I think you confused me with someone else's post. Next, the different people's reaction to the same drug can't be compared, or minimized because the doc doesn't give it a name. Systems can be very different.
    So......that's it for me talking with you about this.
    Oooooookay!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I wouldn't apologize; he never does. I think of his approach to most conversations as BDSM: badger, dismiss, snark, and mansplain. Very tiresome.
    I think of your approach as DUMB: Drivel Unending Moronic Bullcrap.
    Very annoying.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    I don't know if I'm old enough, either! I'll have to ask my PCP. She didn't mention it during my visit, but she didn't mention anything other than the flu shot anyway.

DW and I did get the Zostavax shingles vaccine years ago, paying for it out of "leftover" healthcare reimbursement accounts because we weren't old enough at the time for insurance to cover it. We probably won't have HCRA money at the end of this year but we can look into it if it looks like we might. Thanks for the tip!
    Did you have any reaction? I never have with a vaccine before, but I have a rash and hard area at the injection site from the Zostavax vaccine I got Wednesday. Supposedly Shingrix is more effective, but I didn't want to miss work a second time fir the booster. Now I am second guessing myself would it have been better to go with Shingrix?

I am also waiting to make sure this is billed correctly as medical not pharmacy so it is covered. It is not unusual for medical billers to code things wrong. It happened earlier this year with an x-ray.

My PCP said the new Shingrix vaccine for shingles is supposed to be much more effective. My insurance covered it in full for me at age 59 (I think the prior vaccine was only covered at age 60+). It was a series of 2 shots, and left some soreness at the site, but no big deal. I got it done at Costco.
    I also got my flu shot at Costco and there was no soreness at the site, which was a pleasant surprise. I usually get some arm soreness but no other reaction.

Thread Information