Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Got flu shot.........

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    5,676
    UL, some people will have reactions while the majority will not. I would get the shingles shot if I could but very allergic to one of the ingredients. We never get the flu shot. When my friend was in a nursing home we just didn’t visit if not feeling 100%.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    9,006
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    What are you trying to say UL?
    There are a set of verified reactions people have to immunizations. Was yours one of those? What is the evidence that your reaction was from the immunizations?
    “I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  3. #23
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    9,006
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    What are you trying to say UL?
    Let me clarify.

    I am calling bogus on your claims until you give me some evidence-based info on your "reactions" and what your doctor's diagnosis was regarding those "reactions."
    “I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  4. #24
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    9,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    UL, some people will have reactions while the majority will not. I would get the shingles shot if I could but very allergic to one of the ingredients. We never get the flu shot. When my friend was in a nursing home we just didn’t visit if not feeling 100%.
    So CathyA has a verified allergy to an ingredient?
    “I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    5,676
    I was exposed to blood at work and started the hepatitis shots. A hour after getting it I was rushed to the hospital because I was having trouble breathing. Fun times. Didn’t finish the series. 20 years ago I was getting allergy shots and almost died.

  6. #26
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    There are a set of verified reactions people have to immunizations. Was yours one of those? What is the evidence that your reaction was from the immunizations?
    UL, are you confusing me with Tybee's response?

  7. #27
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Let me clarify.

    I am calling bogus on your claims until you give me some evidence-based info on your "reactions" and what your doctor's diagnosis was regarding those "reactions."
    What the hell is wrong with you UL? Do you need to go up on your medication perhaps? Your responses to some things lately have been very curious.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    5,676
    Off his meds Cathy)

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,689
    UL I have to agree with Cathy that something is up, your demeanor here is not unlike you but more of the challenging qualities are showing up. In specific challenging people to prove their experiences to you, which I have no interest in doing.

    No one needs to prove anything here honestly, I have a daughter who cannot get the pertussis immunization. We reported symptoms to her DR at her first shot. No other DR has questioned this information. We just take extra precautions every time whooping cough goes around.

  10. #30
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    UL I have to agree with Cathy that something is up, your demeanor here is not unlike you but more of the challenging qualities are showing up. In specific challenging people to prove their experiences to you, which I have no interest in doing.

    No one needs to prove anything here honestly, I have a daughter who cannot get the pertussis immunization. We reported symptoms to her DR at her first shot. No other DR has questioned this information. We just take extra precautions every time whooping cough goes around.
    .

    Thank you Zoe Girl. I should’ve stated my feelings more like you have. I apologize to UL For the way I stated my frustration with his replies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •