Thread: Ugggggh....Trump is in town.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Ugggggh....Trump is in town.....

Uggghhhh….home from work a bit early today as it is my turn to go home early and we are fully staffed on shift supervisors again.

Just found out online, from the telephone tree in the 85006, and from a neighbor knocking on the door that Trump is in town (the Phoenix, AZ area) today and will not be leaving the Valley until early AM tomorrow. I will go to St. Agnes Church in a few minutes and light a few candles to pray that the lessening of basic human rights is kept to a minimum and that he leaves the Phoenix area alive and in one piece as Arizona is no longer as red as it once was (probably a reason he is here) and many here hate and despise him and see him for the evil he truly is for the average everyday person. Rob

I have been tempted to attend one of his rallies just for historical interest.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I have been tempted to attend one of his rallies just for historical interest.
    I can tell you that it's wise not to appear at one of his Phoenix area rallies as Arizona is purple now due to all the liberals from other states, especially California, having moved here and the fear of long time Arizonans due to the declining standard of living in America and how little human life means in America.....Trump is likely not safe at an Arizona rally, and neither are his supporters NOR those who would protest against him.

(though from what I have heard, the Phoenix Police have been advised that starting legal settlements for those they choose to isolate and harass will start at $10 million and once Trump is gone and things are safer again, I have no problem being a PITA for years to advocate for a fair settlement for any victims of the Phoenix Police Department, once again starting at $10 million per victim and with no gag order PERIOD so as to encourage other nationwide to stand up to the low hanging fruit that is our American Police). If they are above the law, they can suffer no longer being covered by insurance as insurance companies deem them to risky to cover based on their belief that they are entirely above the law. Rob

ROFL.

Dude - I will go to one in Seattle or Portland, and have no fear of violence or any realistic concern over safety.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I can tell you that it's wise not to appear at one of his Phoenix area rallies as Arizona is purple now due to all the liberals from other states, especially California, having moved here and the fear of long time Arizonans due to the declining standard of living in America and how little human life means in America.....Trump is likely not safe at an Arizona rally, and neither are his supporters NOR those who would protest against him.

(though from what I have heard, the Phoenix Police have been advised that starting legal settlements for those they choose to isolate and harass will start at $10 million and once Trump is gone and things are safer again, I have no problem being a PITA for years to advocate for a fair settlement for any victims of the Phoenix Police Department, once again starting at $10 million per victim and with no gag order PERIOD so as to encourage other nationwide to stand up to the low hanging fruit that is our American Police). If they are above the law, they can suffer no longer being covered by insurance as insurance companies deem them to risky to cover based on their belief that they are entirely above the law. Rob
    Rob, I sometimes wonder if the United States you live in is the same one I live in. Have you seen the unemployment statistics, the GDP growth rate over 4? Trump was in my back yard not long ago and it was like a New Year’s Eve celebration.

And Im glad there are still some fine people willing to serve as police officers. Otherwise, your kind of activism seems like it is destined for anarchy. If you find yourself in a land with No Rule of Law...you are going to wish you’d learned a little more about firearms.

On Oct 24 Trump will fly to the Central WI Airport near Mosinee, WI for a rally. It will be part of a "frenzy of rallies" including Missoula MT, Mesa AZ, Elko NV, and Houston TX.

Attendance will be limited to people with tickets obtained through a donaldtrump website. I understand that the rally, per se, will begin at 6 PM (synchronized with the television nightly news), but ticket-holders will be admitted to the venue at 3 PM. (CWA is an airport... There are some large indoor spaces with carpet on the floor, and I assume that folding chairs will be trucked in for the event.)

The reaction in these parts ranges from excitement (among those who have "Trump 2020" bumper stickers on their cars already) to cringing and eye-ball rolling (among those who see Trump's rallies as obsessive megalomaniac displays of narcissism and ignorance). Each to their own.

What a joke as he is going to many rural small towns and he can feel superior.

I'm still amazed and appalled at what is considered appropriate presidential behavior these days. I hope this period is viewed with the clarity of hindsight--the sooner the better.

Thread Information