Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appetite fatigue?

We're kind of short of deliverables around here--the suburban equivalent of a food desert--but we do have a few. I should invesiigate Uber Eats.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    We're kind of short of deliverables around here--the suburban equivalent of a food desert--but we do have a few. I should invesiigate Uber Eats.
    But I am not much into deliverables, anyway. I like going out for a good dining experience.

however, I will confess to spending $$$ in grocery store deli food, which is equivilent to takeout.

There are a couple retailers who prepare standard American fair and package it and sell it as takeout. By this I mean noodle dishes, I suppose some meat-based dishes, etc. One of them is in a very busy location with a lot of drive-by traffic and it has a fair number of parking spaces right in front of the place for parking, dashing in and dashing out. It is also a bakery. It has been there many years and it seems to do an OK business, since it is also in an expensive suburb.

But the other one that I see is kind of hidden in an old strip mall and they seem to be struggling.

I really do not understand what but their business model is because to me, grocery store deli s serve this purpose much better.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But I am not much into deliverables, anyway. I like going out for a good dining experience.
    That used to be us, when there was an us. At this point, I'd rather have my solo dining experience in the comfort of my own home. I did find quite a few restaurants within delivery range--Indian, pan-Asian, Chinese, Thai...I'm cocooning for now.

ETA: I must have been living under a rock--Amazon has a restaurant delivery service with all kinds of offerings! Bezos for the win!

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    I think I could happily live on the same circulation of foods:

Pad Thai
    Sushi
    Roasted vegetable brick oven pizza with extra garlic
    Salmon with roasted potatoes and a salad
    Pot roast with roasted vegetables
    Stuffed cabbage
    Falafel
    Gyro
    Spinach omelet with feta
    Bagel with lox, red onion, capers, and cream cheese