Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Migrant Caravan.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Cheeto is taking less than half of any other president in a time of great need. Ugh!
    Cheeto? hmmmm….

I believe we still take in more immigrants each year than any other country in the world as well as provide the greatest amount of funding for refugee centers in nations neighboring conflict zones.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Immigrants (including refugees) have always given more than they get. Worth remembering.

Sorry Alan but he is a disgusting human being. He brags that his immigration policy is designed to cause maximum pain for the families. Those children will have life long trauma from being separated from their parents. Not only that but some of those kids are being illegally adopted out when they have loving families. I have never before felt like our president was a embarrassment to the world. This man can barely string a coherent sentence together. He is giving the green light to people to be racist and violent. People of color are being verbally abused daily since trump has been elected. They feel empowered to no longer hide their racism. He is not a leader.

Sorry Alan but he is a disgusting human being.
    Got it! Thanks for the explanation.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Interesting to note how many countries have larger raw numbers of refugees and even more striking how many have a significantly higher number per capita, than the US. And this is only through mid 2015. The numbers for more recent years are undoubtedly far more stingy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...gee_population

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Cheeto got on the podium and said: "We give El Salvador and Honduras all this foreign aid money and what do we get for it? Nothing!"

Well, Cheeto. We don't give money to shit hole nations so they can give us stuff. We give it -- or we ought to -- because they are less fortunate and need some help.

Now, do I think we should endlessly hand over cash? No.

But think about Millionaire Next Door. If you give your kid tuition money this is a great investment in their future. If you buy them a Lamborghini for graduating from high school then you are an idiot and they soon will be.

What is the "tuition" of foreign aid?
    The foreign aid money sent to a country like Honduras might as well be wired directly to the bank accounts of government officials. The ordinary Honduran apparently doesn’t get much of it. Which isn’t too surprising considering the current President is serving his second term even though the Constitution states that one term is the limit. Widespread corruption and voter fraud has been documented.

With our economy doing so well and business owners complaining they can’t find “slave labor” err ......willing employees, then welcome these people with open arms, give them citizenship and put them to work making iPhones, picking fruits and vegetables and whatever other menial work capitalists can find for migrants that Americans won’t stoop to. I’d say their making their way from Honduras on foot, semitrailer or boat for that matter qualifies them for citizenship more than being born here and sitting around in moms basement eating potato chips and playing war games on the internet all the while sucking up welfare benefits.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Cheeto is taking less than half of any other president in a time of great need. Ugh!
    TT, I just had to say I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you refer to Trump here. Just because I may have a few kind words for him regarding his take an issue in one of my recent threads, this doesn't mean I can't see him for what he is overall and I appreciate your humor here LOL. Rob

Sorry Alan but he is a disgusting human being. He brags that his immigration policy is designed to cause maximum pain for the families. Those children will have life long trauma from being separated from their parents. Not only that but some of those kids are being illegally adopted out when they have loving families. I have never before felt like our president was a embarrassment to the world. This man can barely string a coherent sentence together. He is giving the green light to people to be racist and violent. People of color are being verbally abused daily since trump has been elected. They feel empowered to no longer hide their racism. He is not a leader.
    Thank You, TT. You have summed up Trump in a much calmer and more coherent way than I can (I confess I do get rather intense regarding my activism) - you are dead on in my book and your points definitely get across. And I could not agree more with your last sentence - the man is no leader. Period. Unless one wants to lead first to third graders playing in a sandbox...….Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Immigrants (including refugees) have always given more than they get. Worth remembering.
    And how soon America forgets this! One nice comment I have for our neighbors to the North - Canada doesn't seem to forget this, at least not as of yet. Rob

Now bombs have been sent to 5 prominent Democrats such as the Clinton’s and Obama’s. It will be interesting to see what disturbed people did this. I won’t be surprised if they are trump supporters. Just recently he was praising the senator that body slammed the reporter.

Thread Information