Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Migrant Caravan.

Bush was partially responsible for 9/11 not because he flew the planes, but because he ignored warnings--including the PDB that clearly stated "Bin Ladin determined to strike in the US."

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Moving to Canada is harder than you think, especially if you are American and unskilled.

If emigrating to Canada was easy, I would have done it.

Well no chit cherlock.

Bush is a genius compared to what we have now.

Moving to Canada is harder than you think, especially if you are American and unskilled.

Hmm... maybe we should look into something like that.

I'm sure if you just walked across the border at some remote spot you'd be ok, Canada is well known for it's empathy. If you happened to be caught just tell them you're seeking asylum from a country where the women won't date you longer than a month or so and I'm sure they'll slap you on the back and give you a warm welcome.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Bush is a genius compared to what we have now.
    I agree.

Yppej
    I have dual citizenship and choose to live in the US rather than Canada. There's a lot to be said for jobs and warmer temperatures.

Williamsmith
    So I guess Trump is dead set on meeting the migrant caravan at the border with military personnel. This should be entertaining. Wonder how those tent cities are doing? Can we refer to them as ghettos without being accused of historical baiting?

Now I believe in giving each political party equal bashing. This problem didn’t just ooze up out of the jungle. The Obama/Clinton interventionist foreign policy destabilized that region a long time ago. And that foreign aid is just taxpayers money being transferred to the wealthy ruling families in that region as bribery to do what the US wants them to do.

So whoever funded the migration thought thought they would influence the outcome of the midterms. Did either party really benefit from this? All it did was gin up the base in each side.

Now, I’m not all mightier than thou. I sit comfortably behind a gated community for one reason. This is my stuff and I don’t want other people taking it. You think any of those migrants are going to find their way to a posh condo community or a wealthy neighborhood. No, the poor and middle class are going to get the short end of the stick. The public housing and welfare areas are going to absorb this. Which means, if you object to the military forcfully repelling this crowd, then you ought to have an extra room at your place and be ready to empty your 401k for medical expenses because by the time they get here they will need it.

The whole citizenship for baby’s born on American soil is an interesting issue. The only real weapon poor people have against a government set on eradicating them is the ability to reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm sure if you just walked across the border at some remote spot you'd be ok, Canada is well known for it's empathy. If you happened to be caught just tell them you're seeking asylum from a country where the women won't date you longer than a month or so and I'm sure they'll slap you on the back and give you a warm welcome.
    Being a populist conservative, I will speak for Canadians and say "Er, no, go home".
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Immigrants commit less crimes than citizens. They get jobs and work hard. We can’t let everyone in but we are at a record LOW number of people we are letting in. We can do better.

Thread Information