Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Migrant Caravan.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Immigrants commit less crimes than citizens. They get jobs and work hard. We can’t let everyone in but we are at a record LOW number of people we are letting in. We can do better.
    Not all of them. The ones who can and will work are fine. Chain migration is another story.

Yppej
    Today my coworker was telling me about all the medical appointments her parents the nonworking brand new immigrants are getting. They are having every part of their body worked on at taxpayer expense. One thing on the list is colonoscopies.

Because I work for a living and have private insurance not Medicaid I had to fight to get my first colonoscopy covered. (First one is free under Obamacare but the billing was a months long nightmare.) Polyps were found which means any subsequent colonoscopy is not covered under preventive care and will cost me thousands of dollars in out of pocket costs. So I am not getting another one ever and am pretty upset the folks just off the boat get every procedure free. It's free for them, but not for me. My taxes are paying for everything medical they should have had done their whole lifetime but didn't because they lived in a Third World country.

We should take care of American citizens first.

Williamsmith
    Trump has instructed the military that if they get pelted by the migrants with stones.....just consider them armed with rifles because rocks are just as deadly. I wish somebody would have told me this when I was getting all sorts of stuff thrown at me at a prison riot. I would have felt justified in shooting a few annoying SOBs. Water cannons work just fine. But hey, maybe a few drones with missiles might just solve the whole problem in an instant.

Yppej
    I like the folks in the migrant caravan. They are on average young. Since they're traveling on foot they are pretty healthy. They can work a lot of years paying into Social Security to help keep my retirement benefit solvent. They are for the most part refugees not just economic migrants. I would welcome their asylum applications. I believe their contributions to the economy would exceed the costs to the taxpayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I like the folks in the migrant caravan. They are on average young. Since they're traveling on foot they are pretty healthy. They can work a lot of years paying into Social Security to help keep my retirement benefit solvent. They are for the most part refugees not just economic migrants. I would welcome their asylum applications. I believe their contributions to the economy would exceed the costs to the taxpayers.
    I agree. But trump thinks they are all scary murders and criminals. At least according to his latest racist ad.

Not sure why he thinks they're going to throw rocks. But hey, gotta stir up the drama and fear somehow I suppose since it's not like the loser republicans actually have any good ideas to run on. Tax cuts for the super rich isn't popular. Trying to destroy health insurance for the sick isn't popular. Maybe lying about some future fantasy middle class 10% tax cut will work? but otherwise they don't really have much to show for all their efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Polyps were found which means any subsequent colonoscopy is not covered under preventive care and will cost me thousands of dollars in out of pocket costs. So I am not getting another one ever .
    Do you understand what polyps are and what happens if you don't get them removed?

Sorry, I'm in shock that this is your plan.

I am too. All of those turn into cancer. Once you get them they keep coming back. Your insurance company will only approve of a fraction of the cost so you won’t pay thousands. If your deductible is met you will pay even less. I have seen a bill for 3k and the insurance negotiatied down to 500 which I happily paid.

I get free, and unfortunately mandatory, c-scopes from the fire department every year.

I've never had a colonoscopy, and probably never will.

According to an on-line source "up to 50 percent of polyps greater than two centimeters (about the diameter of a nickel) are cancerous."

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I get free, and unfortunately mandatory, c-scopes from the fire department every year.
    That’s is unfortunate! You should get them from a doctor, and just let the fire department check your smoke alarms.

Thread Information