Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Migrant Caravan.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I get free, and unfortunately mandatory, c-scopes from the fire department every year.
    Every year? That's ridiculous if you're not at risk.

You should get them from a doctor, and just let the fire department check your smoke alarms.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That’s is unfortunate! You should get them from a doctor, and just let the fire department check your smoke alarms.
    Without a doubt the funniest thing I have read or heard all day!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That’s is unfortunate! You should get them from a doctor, and just let the fire department check your smoke alarms.
    But hey......they probably have most of the equipment.

Yppej
    From WebMD:

"Polyps are often non-cancerous growths, but some can develop into cancer. The two most common types of polyps found in the colon and rectum include: hyperplastic and inflammatory polyps. Usually these polyps do not carry a risk of developing into cancer."

There are risks with colonoscopies including perforation of the colon. These risks increase with age as tissues thin.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am too. All of those turn into cancer. Once you get them they keep coming back. Your insurance company will only approve of a fraction of the cost so you won’t pay thousands.
    False and false.

Most polyps are not cancerous.

The insurance negotiated rates on my first colonoscopy were $900 for hospital charges alone, and there were also physician and laboratory charges.

I had a colonoscopy in August, there were two small polyps found and removed. The doctor gave me a clean bill of health and recommended I come back in 10 years.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

The doctor that removed my MIL’s told me that with enough time they all turn into cancer. Looks like there’s a difference of opinion.

I was told web md notoriously wrong and that you should use Pubmed. It’s a site for doctors so much better medical information.

Yppej
    Adenomas are another type of polyp that may turn into cancer but not always. I can't post links from my tablet, but was looking at the website for the American Cancer Society. They also confirmed other types of polyps that are not adenomas are neither cancerous nor precancerous. Are they reputable enough for you?

Thread Information