Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trump Is Right About One Thing In My Book....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I tried to get something to write this down, and I can't remember it, but apparently, this whole issue is a partisan one.

They asked "are you fearful that young men are going to be unjustly accused of sexual abuse/rape" (something like that)

And Republicans said something along the split of 65% YES / 35% NO, and Democrats were the mirror opposite: 65% NO / 35% YES.

I wonder why.
    Interesting, very interesting, Catherine. As a life long liberal it's amazing to me that I am taking a Conservative view on this issue but I've looked this issue over and over, spent time alone shining a flashlight on the dark corners of my soul, and this is my truth: I'm with the Republicans on this one, even if with very little else. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    She has had to physically prevent three assaults so far. No deaths, as of yet. One broken wrist.
    For what it's worth, Bravo to you for teaching your daughter how to defend herself and that she has to right to do so in the first place. I've never said that men are angels and yes indeed there are men out there that do engage in this reprehensible behavior...….good that your daughter has prevented such/stood up to such. Rob

More strawman arguements from Rob.

Rob, who specifically, and which specific organizations, propose these non-due process solutions to accusations of sexual agressive acts? Provide web links or they dont exist.

note that while there are certainly crazies who propose all kinds of actions consistent with their nutjob ideas, I am asking you for weblinks to mainstream persons or organizations that propose legal consequences for no due process.

Put up or...well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob, who specifically, and which specific organizations, propose these non-due process solutions to accusations of sexual agressive acts?
    So far, it hasn’t caught on in a big way unless you count college administrators.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    So far, it hasn’t caught on in a big way unless you count college administrators.
    When I was a student I was on my university's "Student Judiciary Board." The board had to decide whether or not to punish students for violating various university policies. For instance, I was on a case where two students got busted for smoking a joint in the dorm.

The police were not involved. I remember at the time students could be expelled for this. I was an officer in the university's chapter of NORML (ever the libertarian!). So when I "got wind" of this policy to expel and suspend, along with other overreaches of power I rallied a bunch of stoners and misfits and we... well, we took over that board and threw cases out on technicalities and gave out warnings. haha

My point behind this story is that universities create policies and then police them. The universities can to some degree operate outside the law and make decisions that can crush someone's life. And without any kind of due process... it can be damaging.

Fortunately during my time on the student judiciary board I did not have to deal with sex crimes -- mostly just pot heads and dumb asses doing unremarkable dumb things.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Rob, in all of his talk, references our legal system. He is talking about criminal justice cases.

Rob I ask again for web links showing women snd womens organizations that advocate legal consequences such as jail without the “ due process” you continue to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob, in all of his talk, references our legal system. He is talking about criminal justice cases.
    Rob specifically above said:

"I keep waiting for some man who has been falsely accused and falsely imprisoned to sue and take his lawsuit winnings to a foreign country to start over and start a trend in doing such........such would serve America right for taking away due process for men."
    Now, I try to keep up with civil rights law, and I support most of our civil rights organizations, and this is the first that I have heard that American has taken away due process for men.

I am sure Rob can point us at the legislation that has done so, or the court decisions?

I'll be waiting.

Accusations are actionable. To be imprisoned however, involves Due process, so Rob doesn't appear to know what Due process is, but seems to be confusing that with Liberty.

Thread Information