Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Is Right About One Thing In My Book....

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    At my work, since we are in a basement, we often take walks outside -- to get coffee or discuss a work related issue or idea. I have had female colleagues come to me and ask to go on a walk to talk about work ideas one-on-one. I am hesitant to do so, not because I think they would falsely accuse me but because I worry that someone else in the building (like on floors 1-3) might see me with a female colleague and then spread a rumor or someone might get the wrong idea.
    In my work environment, we often see each other naked, examine each other naked, and in some circumstances end up showering together. It's not a big deal, unless you make it so. It's all about context.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post

When dd was 14, her best friend was a 16 y.o. boy. She was forbidden to go in his house if his parents were not home. We stressed that our concern was for both of them (avoid the appearance...) one day he ran an extension cord out the window, set the tv up on the front lawn, and they had dinner and a movie. Dd said people honked at them. I told her one day it would be a great memory and she still laughs about it now.
    Charming story!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    In my work environment, we often see each other naked, examine each other naked, and in some circumstances end up showering together. It's not a big deal, unless you make it so. It's all about context.
    Oooooookay! haha

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Wow, Rob actually agreeing with something I posted. Dang!

Frankly, I prefer to work with men than women. I am very direct with a potty mouth and I’m also very sarcastic. The women frequently seem to play games and I hate that. The men say something stupid and I can call them out on it without any “woe is me” victim crap.
    Thanks, Tradd. It's nice those few times when I see eye to eye with those whom I often disagree with. Gives me a little bit of hope for the human race after all. Rob

General questions for this thread:

If someone accuses someone else of sexual assault should the accused be allowed to deny the crime, put up a defense, and cross-examine the accuser?

Or should the accused have to make a confession (whether a true confession or not) and then suffer the punishment?

I've worked in all-male (except for me) and all-female work groups. I'm more comfortable in all-male, mostly male, and mixed groups, for reasons similar to ones Tradd stated. I don't dissemble well. My preference would be a smart, capable mixed (ethnicities, genders) group.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I've worked in all-male (except for me) and all-female work groups. I'm more comfortable in all-male, mostly male, and mixed groups, for reasons similar to ones Tradd stated. I don't dissemble well. My preference would be a smart, capable mixed (ethnicities, genders) group.
    Jane, your post here made me think and I very much agree with you.....I also prefer to be around a smart, capable, mixed group - which I am now actually and this is one reason why what I am doing now works for me. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    General questions for this thread:

If someone accuses someone else of sexual assault should the accused be allowed to deny the crime, put up a defense, and cross-examine the accuser?

Or should the accused have to make a confession (whether a true confession or not) and then suffer the punishment?
    I vote for the fist of the two options....isn't this how American law is supposed to work? I keep waiting for some man who has been falsely accused and falsely imprisoned to sue and take his lawsuit winnings to a foreign country to start over and start a trend in doing such........such would serve America right for taking away due process for men. I feel very very very strongly about this and it's and odd reversal for me as ten years ago I would have auto-sided with a woman in such a situation without thinking twice.

What changed this for me was the acceptance of some straight high school classmates of mine during my 30th high school reunion back in 2014.....I've since had the chance to hear the straight male perspective on these issues and I have to say - these men are not all wrong. Neither are the women......but the same holds true for men, too. Interesting middle aged growth on my part from someone who learned much nasty stuff about society at a very young age, no? This all did not hit me until my upper 40's - I'm very behind the curve on this one, I'm afraid.

Here's another interesting ? : What do we do about all of this? There really seems to be no middle solution whereby both men and women are safe - women from sexual misconduct of all stripes and men from false accusations of such. So either side you pick, or side with - there are going to be victims on the other side of the equation. And what's amazing to me is that it took me until the age of 47 to grasp that yes indeed, men can be and often are victims in these situations, too. Slow on the uptake on this one, I'll admit it, and playing the gay card on this one, were I to do so, which I am not, would be very lame in my book. Rob

It seems to me cases of sexual assault should be handled by professionals. False confessions are never a good idea.

Thread Information