Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Is Right About One Thing In My Book....

That was good advice. I taught my sons to never struck a woman no matter if they were hitting them. 2 black girls started beating up one of my sons for fun during shop class and the male teacher was afraid of them and did nothing. These girls made a habit of this and picked different boys. My son complained to the dean and we thought it was handled until we found out after they did it to another boy that there had been no punishment. I went to the dean and demanded action. He called the girls parents who were appalled. They took care of it and it never happened again. My son never hit the girls back.

Steve Bannon is a known wifebeater (and a disgusting excuse for a human being) who only avoided consequences because he intimidated his ex into recanting. The only currently scary situation for a young man who doesn't assault women is that they may have to share some of their privilege.

On the one large gun forum I’ve been a member of since 2011, there are a large number of guys who say they will not talk to women in the office unless it is directly related to work and even then they keep it to a minimum. Much prefer email, which allows them to have a record of communications.

They also report vindictive women in their offices who somewhat openly talk of doing whatever they can do get men in trouble or fired for sexual harassment for no other reason that they dislike the men in questions. Now, some of this is beryl likely to be exaggeration, etc., but I will say I have worked with some very vindictive women in the past, so I can’t totally dismiss these supposed events.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What do I think? I think you have 3 oddly focused hobby horses, and this is one of them.
    We all have our pet causes, IL, no? I
    'm just more vocal about mine that most is my take. YMMV here, I get that. And this is one of my "hobby horses" (funky way to phrase it, I may actually use this phrase going forward is that's cool?) - I'll give you that. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    On the one large gun forum I’ve been a member of since 2011, there are a large number of guys who say they will not talk to women in the office unless it is directly related to work and even then they keep it to a minimum. Much prefer email, which allows them to have a record of communications.

They also report vindictive women in their offices who somewhat openly talk of doing whatever they can do get men in trouble or fired for sexual harassment for no other reason that they dislike the men in questions. Now, some of this is beryl likely to be exaggeration, etc., but I will say I have worked with some very vindictive women in the past, so I can’t totally dismiss these supposed events.
    Thank You, Tradd…..this is the kind of thing I am getting at, your description above of men avoiding women as much as possible in the workplace due to risk/fear/financial loss/risk of work until death and you also give reasons why such is occurring. BRAVO!

Please let the record state that unlike some men in men's rights groups, I don't believe all women are like this. No, I really don't and I know women I'd trust with my life not to act this way. However, let the record state that I have also run across the type of women you are referring to above, Tradd, and yes, also some men (to put it mildly) who are real pieces of work, too. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Trump recently made a statement that I could not agree more with. Drumroll please......His statement was the this is a very scary time for young men. b
    Oh please. From Trump's mouth, these words are aimed directly at his fascist nationalist misogynist supporters. For shame for falling for it.

We are seeing the patriarchy struggle with today's younger generations seeing it clearly for what it is. This "scary time for young men" is hopefully the last death struggle of millennia of oppression.

Get with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That was good advice. I taught my sons to never struck a woman no matter if they were hitting them. 2 black girls started beating up one of my sons for fun during shop class and the male teacher was afraid of them and did nothing. These girls made a habit of this and picked different boys. My son complained to the dean and we thought it was handled until we found out after they did it to another boy that there had been no punishment. I went to the dean and demanded action. He called the girls parents who were appalled. They took care of it and it never happened again. My son never hit the girls back.
    TT, I'm just glad that the girl's parents were notified.....imagine the life lessons these girls learn regarding how to treat men the remainder of their lives if nothing is done? At least something was done in this case.....unfortunately not in every case is something done. And I agree that a man should never hit a woman. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Please let the record state that unlike some men in men's rights groups, I don't believe all women are like this.
    Well, that's just mighty white of you.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Parents would teach their sons that respect for women is paramount, and fathers should model that respect towards their mothers. That's #1. I'm with Terry--I have 3 sons and I can't imagine my sons being disrespectful in any way.
    I have a problem with what you have posted, here, Cathy. To be clear, I don't disagree with you.....respect for women is important, and young men and men in general should be displaying this quality and possessing it to begin with period. Granted and given.

So where is my problem, you ask? Fair question. Respect is a two way street. Women ALSO need to be possessing and displaying respect for men PERIOD. Now if a man is a jerk or is being threatening or is persisting after a rejection or is crossing the line in some legal/sexual/predatory way, yes, ditch the respect. I'd agree with this but I'd also say that if a woman treats a man in the same way, same thing....auto ditch the respect for women and it becomes all about survival (I don't mean so much physical survival but financial and reputational survival). My point? Women need to have respect for men as much as men need to have respect for women. This is a two way street and until it can be a two way street with women on board with this concept, there really can be no true equality period. Just a mirage with no real substance nor meaning.

So to be clear, Cathy, I don't disagree with you, I just added more layers to the issue. And added a (gay) male perspective. And an interesting side note: Something funky about the men's rights movement is that a few of the key players (certainly not all by any means) are indeed gay men. I find that interesting, I really do, as gay men are going to overall - yes, with exceptions - have different levels of involvement/interactions with women overall than straight men would tend to. Just interesting is my take. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Steve Bannon is a known wifebeater (and a disgusting excuse for a human being) who only avoided consequences because he intimidated his ex into recanting. The only currently scary situation for a young man who doesn't assault women is that they may have to share some of their privilege.
    How is it "known" that Bannon is a wifebeater? Is there video footage? A conviction by a jury of his peers? An admission from his own mouth. Do tell.

Let the record show I disagree profoundly with Bannon politically and culturally.

What sort of privileges do men in the US have that women don't have? Please enumerate.

Thread Information