Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: Trump Is Right About One Thing In My Book....

  1. #51
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    7,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    How many has she needed to kill?
    She has had to physically prevent three assaults so far. No deaths, as of yet. One broken wrist.

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    5,657
    That’s truly terrible. Glad she broke that jerks wrist!

  3. #53
    Senior Member Tradd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Suburban Midwest
    Posts
    3,077
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    She has had to physically prevent three assaults so far. No deaths, as of yet. One broken wrist.
    Good girl!

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I vote for the fist of the two options....isn't this how American law is supposed to work? I keep waiting for some man who has been falsely accused and falsely imprisoned to sue and take his lawsuit winnings to a foreign country to start over and start a trend in doing such........such would serve America right for taking away due process for men. I feel very very very strongly about this and it's and odd reversal for me as ten years ago I would have auto-sided with a woman in such a situation without thinking twice.
    What do we do about all of this? There really seems to be no middle solution whereby both men and women are safe - women from sexual misconduct of all stripes and men from false accusations of such. So either side you pick, or side with - there are going to be victims on the other side of the equation. And what's amazing to me is that it took me until the age of 47 to grasp that yes indeed, men can be and often are victims in these situations, too. Slow on the uptake on this one, I'll admit it, and playing the gay card on this one, were I to do so, which I am not, would be very lame in my book. Rob

    First, put down your fist. Then as you have shown your capable of learning, you should learn what due process is/means, before you start spouting off some belief that is inaccurate. What is the gay card and how does it stop naivety or the old Ignorance of the law, which is said to have no excuse?
    There are victims on sometimes both sides (look up how often people get misidentified, heck recently I had a LEO friend who knows us both well, mistake my boss, for me, and he has a limp in his walk due to a missing limb section).
    What do we do about this? In an imperfect system, we strive to make things better, not perfect as we are dealing with imperfect beings (and perfect only happens in this imaginary Utopia place, you like to visit).

    I do exist from an act of violence decades ago. As discussed before I know a failed abortion attempt (home remedies before there were safe/legal alternatives), and the treatment of the result (beating the evil out of the child), etc. etc. to the point of the deathbed phone call telling me how much I was "like" the two rapists in the family (the original and an uncle I was taught to fear without providing the reasons). I've known of/seen the results of violence first hand and have been put in the position of helping someone before, where being raised to think like the perp, probably helped me as it would be what would I not want to happen scenario to help out. I still hear her words, but not her voice anymore, and I still look at women I am attracted to, with a would I let her kill me based on her perceptions thing/dream.
    Last edited by ToomuchStuff; 10-22-18 at 7:42am. Reason: typo

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,364
    I have never known personally a single man, Rob, who was falsely accused of rape.
    I have, on the other hand, known many many women who were raped or sexually assaulted or molested as children or harrassed, including myself.
    I have also known men, including my ex-husband, who sexually harrassed women and were able to get out of any punishment from their employers.
    I don't think the numbers support your argument here.
    In other words, I'd worry about something else, if I were you, than men being falsely accused and deprived of due process.

  6. #56
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,583
    False accusations are all the rage in so-called "men's groups." Along with rage, misogyny, and whining from the incels.
    I'm sure there are some, but the chances of them being brought to trial are infinitesimal.

  7. #57
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I have never known personally a single man, Rob, who was falsely accused of rape.
    I have, on the other hand, known many many women who were raped or sexually assaulted or molested as children or harrassed, including myself.
    I have also known men, including my ex-husband, who sexually harrassed women and were able to get out of any punishment from their employers.
    I don't think the numbers support your argument here.
    In other words, I'd worry about something else, if I were you, than men being falsely accused and deprived of due process.
    Tybee, Hi! I have held off on replying to you for a bit as you are one of the posters here who regularly posts material that makes me revisit my stances. I wanted to take some time to reply because of this.

    I would agree that sexual misconduct (a generic catch all phrase for describing this issue) has taken place for much longer than false accusations have. I would agree that there is no reason whatsoever a woman should EVER have to tolerate sexual misconduct of any stripe from a man...….and I also believe that the majority of women are not lying when they bring up a claim of sexual misconduct. I grant you all this here and now and with no attitude whatsoever. Are we on the same page to this point?

    Where I diverge from being on the same page with many women (at least it seems to me) is that I believe men are worth the right to due process and furthermore, I believe that any man denied due process should be suing for minimum $100 million and no, that's not a misprint and yes, I'm dead serious. A woman bringing up a claim of sexual misconduct against a man should have her claim investigated and taken seriously - I have never believed otherwise, even with my involvement in Men's Rights. The flip of this however - deny a man due process for being accused of such - taking away the right to present evidence/witnesses to attempt to prove innocence - a fundamental prior legal concept of American law and I'm told one of the perks of this citizenship even though our lives are not worth socialized medicine (live in fear of America long enough and it's impossible not to slip this last in as often as possible) - TAKE THIS AWAY AND WHAT'S THE POINT ANY MALE AMERICAN to even waste their time in America, to bother with dating/relationships, to even bother trying to accomplish anything?

    In short, if we as a nation deny due process in this area for men, what do men realistically owe America and why should men even bother staying here - what's in it for them to accept such an insanely high level of risk? What I see society moving towards very much makes me believe in my lifetime men will more and more (they have already started just like in Japan) just give up and input the rock bottom necessary into society to sustain their lives. That's all such a system is worth - if we are down with taking due process away from men.

    It's not the claims of women regarding sexual misconduct that turn me off, and once again I'm fully down with such claims being investigated and taken seriously......it's the push for and actual denying of due process to 1/2 of this nation's population that really has me wondering what's the point of men even living in this country? If you want to second class citizen an entire gender - much better deals that are more male-friendly are available in other countries, and what's more for the ladies here - the Internet works against you on this one as it's very easy for men to do the research and learn where to flee and what the qualifications to do so legally are.

    Honestly, I can understand women's anger for the long period of time they were expected to knuckle under and deal with sexual misconduct and I don't wish to minimize this - such is not my intent here. But take away due process and don't be surprised that the results you get from men in general are not what you expected/not of your seeking. In other words, more and more men walking away from women, society, and also Western countries in general. (and to be fair to America for once, this problem is actually even worse in Canada, Australia, and Britain - New Zealand I'm not sure about).

    There is some good here, though. With fewer and fewer marriages and less and less dating and more and more mistrust between the sexes, more people will be free of societal roles and therefore, may have the chance at more interesting lives of self-actualization instead of playing by the long term rules of Western society (meaning getting married, having kids, living in suburbs, etc.)

    I'm very grateful to live in a time where same-sex marriage is legal but also I'm grateful to live in a time where heterosexual relationships are undergoing tsunami-like changes. Interesting times we live in, no? Rob

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    5,657
    Of course men deserve due process. I don’t think anyone was suggesting otherwise. I think it’s great that women are no longer expected to get married and are free to live the lives they desire. However, I believe it is best for kids to be raised by 2 loving parents if at all possible. Realistically this won’t always happen but I hope that is what people strive for. Stable families of any type will help kids to reach their potential.

  9. #59
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VT/NJ
    Posts
    8,476
    I tried write this down when I saw it reported on CNN, and I can't remember it completely, but apparently, this whole issue is a partisan one.

    They asked "are you fearful that young men are going to be unjustly accused of sexual abuse/rape" (something like that)

    And Republicans said something along the split of 65% YES / 35% NO, and Democrats were the mirror opposite: 65% NO / 35% YES.

    I wonder why.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  10. #60
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Of course men deserve due process. I don’t think anyone was suggesting otherwise. I think it’s great that women are no longer expected to get married and are free to live the lives they desire. However, I believe it is best for kids to be raised by 2 loving parents if at all possible. Realistically this won’t always happen but I hope that is what people strive for. Stable families of any type will help kids to reach their potential.
    TT, I just want to say Thank You for your stance of being friendly to due process rights for men.....trust me on this, not all women are by any means. I very much respect your stance here. And I agree that being raised by two loving parents is best for a child, though as I'm sure you know it doesn't always work out that way. Rob
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 10-24-18 at 2:48pm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •