Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October Frugals - better late than never!

OK, this is another one of my frugal extravagances (or is it an extravagant frugal?), but lobster meat for $20.00 a pound at Market Basket this week = Happy Rosa! It's still a really expensive source of protein, but an incredibly good deal for lobster meat.

The neighbor behind us demolished a planter in his front yard and threw the bricks in the alley. I have been grabbing some every day to use as landscape border...free!! Also, recently used the two gorgeous butternuts that grew our of my compost pile...free!! Now we are trying to figure out how to update a bath vanity as they are very expensive to buy new these days. I am addicted to being resourceful (sounds better than frugal sometimes.)

That's weird that he demolished the planter when he could have given it away.

Yppej
    Caught a supermarket checkout error saving me $1.00. Refused to buy foundation for $14.12 at CVS and got it for $8.97 at Walmart.

Is the vanity paintable?

I did an online survey today for e-Rewards and it looks like they are going to send us some free product to try, and it's something we will use, so that's nice.
    We got our gas at Costco yesterday since we were making our monthly Costco run and their gas prices are always good. We had a smaller list than usual, but we still resisted throwing extra things in the cart.
    I enrolled us in a medical FSA with DH's employer which will save us money in taxes. I can no longer do an FSA through my employer since I'm a retiree, so it's great that we have the option to do one through his employer.

Yppej
    I have a cheap idea for a costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I have a cheap idea for a costume.
    Do tell!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    If it goes off well I will tell, on the off off chance another SLer works at my company and takes my idea. We have over a thousand employees and potential prize money is at stake.

I've quit two subscription boxes that were costing me about $50 a month total. I hadn't been using them long, but I can't use up the stuff they send fast enough. After one more month with my wine subscription, I'll quit that one, too, saving another $40 a month. I like wine, but yowsa. I'm thinking of dropping my Jazzercise membership since I haven't been going much the last 3 months. Still deciding on that one. Now if I could just stay off of the Poshmark app, I'd have all kinds of extra money, lol.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information