Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrist Surgery Update

Wrist Surgery Update

The surgery was yesterday afternoon, and now that the nerve block (a very weird experience itself) has pretty much worn off, it hurts about as much as you would think it would by having your arm bone sawed in half and put back together with a plate and screw. Last night was rough, didn't sleep much in spite of dosing myself accordingly with pain medication.

So I am hunkered down at home, the gallery is closed, and I am just trying to entertain myself somehow so I don't focus solely on the pain. I borrowed a little bed - lap desk from friend which I have my lap top set up on. I am getting pretty good at one-handed typing. I order a bamboo book holder from Amazon last week and that is really helpful too, though I am finding it hard to concentrate on reading. Netflix is a good past time too.

Anyway, an update on my dad - he was released from the hospital three days ago and seems to be progressing, albeit somewhat weakened. My sister is recovering from her second hand surgery from last Friday; it's just weird that all three of us are a little down for the count all together...

Thanks for the update! Best wishes for healing for all 3 of you!

Hope you have a speedy recovery, and wishing the same for your dad and sister.

My sister had that surgery but at 72 she is a lot older than you. Plus she has osteoporosis which probably slowed down her healing. She has found acupuncture to be as effective as physical therapy so she is doing both.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Hope you have a speedy recovery, and wishing the same for your dad and sister.
    I do, too, wish you and your a speedy recovery.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Sounds like you planned very well for a good convalescence. Feel better soon!

Yppej
    Wish I could think of something more interesting to write to help keep you entertained.

I have enjoyed watching all kinds of things on Youtube. British mysteries, craft programs, News from various countries, lectures about various topics, etc.

Hoping you feel better soon. "Shetland"on Netflix is pretty engrossing. Recommended for healing.

Heal fast, SQ!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information