Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49

Thread: Bombs, bombs, everywhere....

  1. #31
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,567
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Why isn't there a category for apolitical nut jobs?
    Most terrorism is by definition political.

  2. #32
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,000
    So now that the attempts by the state run media to paint this as a false flag promulgated by dems have failed i guess itís time to launch into plan B: both sides do-it-ism.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Most terrorism is by definition political.
    But they included Islamic terror, which I would generally call religious in nature. I see they listed the Vegas shooter, and never understood him to be anything but a nonpartisan nut. It looks to me like somebody had their thumb on the scale just a bit.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Price County, WI
    Posts
    756
    I am relieved that Cesar Sayoc is in secure custody, thus prevented from harming anyone. I believe he is responsible for his threats and menacing actions, and he should receive a fair trial.

  5. #35
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,567
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    But they included Islamic terror, which I would generally call religious in nature. I see they listed the Vegas shooter, and never understood him to be anything but a nonpartisan nut. It looks to me like somebody had their thumb on the scale just a bit.
    I see Islamic terrorism as quintessentially political, personally. Those stats came from the Anti Defamation League, for whatever it's worth.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Okay, in an attempt at comity with the humor impaired I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled and scrolled until I found the post on Facebook. It was a share from a fellow I graduated from high school with 46 years ago. I followed his share source and saw that it was also shared from another individual source which also was shared from yet another individual source. I got bored at that point and stopped. Sorry.
    I guess this convenient infinite regression to the cartoon's source means you won't feel any need to take responsibility for posting something that tried to point to some kind of liberal conspiracy, when it turns out that the bomber was what most people expected--a Trumpist loser who blames everybody in the world except himself for his f***ed up life.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    beyond the pale
    Posts
    2,562
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    I guess this convenient infinite regression to the cartoon's source means you won't feel any need to take responsibility for posting something that tried to point to some kind of liberal conspiracy, when it turns out that the bomber was what most people expected--a Trumpist loser who blames everybody in the world except himself for his f***ed up life.
    Not so fast … Rush Limbaugh isn't quite ready to admit that yet.
    https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...r-faded/221877

  8. #38
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,787
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    I guess this convenient infinite regression to the cartoon's source means you won't feel any need to take responsibility for posting something that tried to point to some kind of liberal conspiracy, when it turns out that the bomber was what most people expected--a Trumpist loser who blames everybody in the world except himself for his f***ed up life.
    Actually the infinite regression was a simple result of your demand for a source, which reminds me that attempting to pacify everyone seldom works out.

    I posted it because I thought it was funny. Now we all know that humor is subjective and often misses it's mark with a certain percentage of the intended audience so perhaps I should have tested that one in another venue before trying it here. Lesson learned.

    I think I may have avoided this entire incident if I were more invested in the concept of empathy. You may have noticed that myself and a few others have recently been accused of lacking that mysterious trait. I thought I knew what it meant previously but now it appears to be a trait that only resides in members of a certain political persuasion, so I've been using the Google machine recently trying to find an updated definition. So far without success but please know that I'm an eternal optimist and pledge to not abandon this quest until I fully understand how to transition into a better person.

    The closest examples I've been able to find so far are cultural revolution programs initiated by Chairman Mao in China during the 1960's and in Iran in the early 80's, although these seem to be a little too severe for me, so I'll keep researching.

    Thank you for calling me out on this, we'll never achieve a perfect society while people like the current me are allowed to be irreverent.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    5,644
    I thought it was funny also.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Actually the infinite regression was a simple result of your demand for a source, which reminds me that attempting to pacify everyone seldom works out.

    I posted it because I thought it was funny. Now we all know that humor is subjective and often misses it's mark with a certain percentage of the intended audience so perhaps I should have tested that one in another venue before trying it here. Lesson learned.

    I think I may have avoided this entire incident if I were more invested in the concept of empathy. You may have noticed that myself and a few others have recently been accused of lacking that mysterious trait. I thought I knew what it meant previously but now it appears to be a trait that only resides in members of a certain political persuasion, so I've been using the Google machine recently trying to find an updated definition. So far without success but please know that I'm an eternal optimist and pledge to not abandon this quest until I fully understand how to transition into a better person.

    The closest examples I've been able to find so far are cultural revolution programs initiated by Chairman Mao in China during the 1960's and in Iran in the early 80's, although these seem to be a little too severe for me, so I'll keep researching.

    Thank you for calling me out on this, we'll never achieve a perfect society while people like the current me are allowed to be irreverent.
    And thank you for your sincere apology.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •