Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am really enjoying 40 hours

I am really enjoying 40 hours

Really and truly 40 hours a week, really super nice. I did have a couple busy weeks personally over the last month so it was essential. Tonight I found myself staying a little late because I could not decide what to make for dinner and have been eating out too much. So I finished up some dull paperwork until I was inspired to make grilled cheese. (not doing the best with wanting to eat lately) Working on the eating but also enjoying having lost about 7 lbs since changing jobs. I have moments where now I wonder what to do with my time.

I do have a few things to work on at this job but overall I am having a really good experience and making a good impression. I get more kid interaction and the paperwork side is so clearly spelled out that it is soothing again (I actually really like some paperwork). The ideas I am putting in are well received. I have a pretty good team, my assistant needs some work but we had a good check in yesterday where our supervisor brought up the difficult things. What is a really big deal is that I pretty much know the names of about 130 kids! That includes 3 Brody's and 3 Wyatts, a couple Harpers and Hazels. I also had 2 families come to Maker Faire because I advertised it.

The very minimal information I have on my former job is that 2 more long term, strong people left the job. I only know that because I did a custom order of a baby Halloween costume hat. It was a Dobby hat (from Harry Potter).

Thank you so much for the update. The increased $$ at the last job were not as important as peace of mind and health.

Actually with an across the board raise right after I was hired I make the same money, It is beyond cool to have no downsides to this (maybe missing my community).

Hooray! I am so glad you are in a more functional environment, and I so admire the way you went out and found your new job, particularly under such stressful and unpleasant circumstances. Way to go!

Good to know that you are much more happy.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

This is such a good report, I am SO happy to hear all of this!

What a great soft landing; now you can heal.

What a great update!
    You've been a little quiet lately and I was starting to worry. No worries...sounds like all is not just good, it's great!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

OMG, I cannot believe that the money is now the same. The universe meant you to change jobs and is rewarding you for the courage to do it.

Yes Sweetana, when I was talking with my job coach she said she got chills that it worked out that way.

I paid off the final medical bill from it all and took my girls birthday shoe shopping. I don't buy cheap shoes but they last forever, so we were almost at $200 for all of us. I have replaced almost my entire wardrobe due to losing weight mostly around my middle. I found a good size at Target and got 4 pairs of pants in different colors. I even got approved for a credit card so I can rebuild my credit now.

Yes there are still things to process, like how could it go so bad in a short time. But I have heard from others that this happens and I walked out in pretty good shape. The nightmares and obsessive thoughts are down to less than once a week also.