Thread: what to do with all these things I make!

what to do with all these things I make!

So I am looking at moving again, it was always the plan when I moved in, and I have so many things I have made! I have 6 octopod, some dolls, dragons, hats and tiny backpacks. I am thinking about putting these things on consignment at a few places I know. I have a few toys items on consignment that have not sold so I need to look for a new place. A coffee shop would like the tiny backpack keychains. They have a good consignment split. The new agey store would like the extra dragon puppets, they are a 50-50 consignment but it is worth it, they need to be played with. I could also do facebook marketplace. I don't want to do etsy, it is way overdone and difficult to have your items noticed.

Meanwhile I imagine it is the season but I really want to make an afgan. I have no idea who needs an afgan but it would be nice to make one. I really like all the blankets I already have. I also want to work on a sampler scarf for my classes to teach a variety of stitches.

I am working on baby hats and tiny octopod today.

You've been busy!!! Sounds like you have a lot of options. Good luck!
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Anon.

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

How come you are thinking of moving? I love afghans but you won’t make much money if you are selling them. People are cheap and they are time consuming to make.

Oh my roommate has her mom come and stay for 2 months, i was expecting to move about this time

Why do you have to sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Why do you have to sell them?
    It is time, no one needs to hold onto 6 octopus toys without a daycare (and for reasons of lice I wouldn't use them in daycare) It feels more valued to sell them rather than giving them away even if I break even on my yarn addiction. People treat things better when they pay,

Are you thinking another roommate or a place by yourself?

I am thinking roommate deal again, I have been taking care of a lot of things such as supporting my daughter through a rough patch so I would like to keep the ease in my finances.

I think trying local consignment shops is a great idea. It might just be a matter of finding the right niche.

I think I found one downtown, they are of course not open now but I could visit this week.