Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaslighting

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Sounds like you need to do an intervention and stop the behavior. Don't allow your child/grandchild to be treated this was by your SO. As long as you stay quiet, you are condoning the behavior. We teach people how to treat us. I am a firm believer in this. If you are witnessing this behavior, silence approves it.
    Obviously, you have not had this happen to you. It is easy to preach when you have never had the experience.

G, doesn’t have kids. What a horrible situation to be in. My parents really missed my brother although they had 2 other kids. If this is your only child it’s doubly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    G, doesn’t have kids. What a horrible situation to be in. My parents really missed my brother although they had 2 other kids. If this is your only child it’s doubly sad.
    Boy, you are really flogging that no-kids-you-cannot-possibly-understand idea.

I am not insulted because I am not easily insulted. The idea is just silly.

Yppej
    She has dogs. She can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Boy, you are really flogging that no-kids-you-cannot-possibly-understand idea.

I am not insulted because I am not easily insulted. The idea is just silly.
    It's just getting so damn old. Been hearing it for decades. And I agree the accusation is silly and beyond. But you heard it here and many agree.

I have dealt with many unhealthy behaviors and I deal with them head on. I wont' be a victim and I won't condone or support manipulative behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Obviously, you have not had this happen to you. It is easy to preach when you have never had the experience.
    I'm not preaching. You asked for feedback. Perhaps seeking out a professional counselor and talking through with coping mechanisms would be better for you? Expand on that phonecall.

Other parents can chime in but I always say if you don’t have kids you under estimate the love you have for them. Pick the person you love most in the world and then multiply that by a million and you get the depth of the love. I love all my dogs dearly but I would kill them all in a instant if it meant one of my kids could live. When people lose a child their lives are never the same. My kids are choosing not to have kids and so did my sister which I totally support.

Yppej
    But some people don't love their kids. The rape, molest, even murder them.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When people lose a child their lives are never the same.
    I understand this very well. My oldest brother died of suicide in 1994 while Dad was actively dying of cancer and he and Mom got to deal with it along with us 5 living kids. Mom was still in agony of his death when she was actively dying of HER cancer 13 years later and I was caring for her in her home.

I have more life experiences than you might possibly imagine. To think I can't understand is insulting.

Say what you want. I won't be responding any more on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    But some people don't love their kids. The rape, molest, even murder them.
    But if you asked them, a fair number of those people would say that they love their kids.

Thread Information