Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The United States of Masacres.

My feeling is that we are a very different people with a very different government and different culture.

That is why we, as a nation will not go Nazi. Not gonna happen.

Someone might try, but it ain't gonna fly.
    ďI came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Godwin's Law on a mass scale.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Godwin's Law on a mass scale.
    ???
    ďI came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

I didnít like George Bush in 2001 but I didnít think he was trending toward becoming a dictator. Trump is an entirely different thing. I fear for our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Cynicism aside, you donít see any similarity to Nazi fabrications of enemies of the country in order to install a false reality with which people with purposeless lives become affirmed? The Nazis perfected the use of propaganda and Trump is a master at it. Just as one example.
    Pushing your particular version of the truth was hardly original with either the Third Reich or the MAGAphiles. Nor for our new aristocracy of the caring and sensitive explaining why the deplorables are bitterly clinging to the wrong side of history. Itís like claiming that since both Trump and Hitler had microphones they must be equivalent.

I donít hear the jackboots on the cobblestones that so many others seem to. The times are very different, and people have been crying wolf for far too long.

I donít hear the jackboots on the cobblestones that so many others seem to.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...minals-n911366

Deporting people here illegally even if they havenít committed a felony does not strike me as evidence of nascent fascism.

I'm recalling a talk I went to years ago by a Holocaust survivor. She was a young adult woman when she was sent to a concentration camp.

She described the increasing restrictions on Jews in Germany over the years leading up to the "final solution." She was asked, Why didn't you just leave?
    Her answer: Why didn't Americans leave when the Patriot Act was passed? Response in the auditorium: Complete silence.

The Holocaust didn't start overnight. It was years of events that led to it, including an economically stressed public who were susceptible to the propaganda that proved effective.

No other president sought to divide people and incite violence. Yesterday a man with a gun killed someone shooting people in McDonald’s. While it ended well I have read it is difficult to shoot accurately which is why police aim for the torso and police are well trained. Citizens having a shoot out could easily go wrong. Ugh!