Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chronic lateness

I don't know if it's a psychological issue, but I need a few quiet hours in the morning too. Without that I feel frazzled all day.

I learned to arrange my schedule so I didn't have to be at work before 11am. (Lucky to have that flexibily!) Made my life SO much easier (and my gut - I know what you mean!)

The most difficult part of parenting for me was having to deal with lots of stuff early in the day. I don't miss that part!

Just to add, for me, it wasn't resentment about work at all. I'm retired now and treasure my leisurely mornings all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    This is really interesting to me because I come at it from the opposite perspective. I have an assistant who is supposed to arrive at X time every day--and for a while I had someone who was chronically late, causing me inconvenience frequently. Now I have an assistant who is on time 98% of the time, what a change for the better! And who comes from twice the distance. I don't have to stay late to cover, I have time to converse and coordinate with the assistant--it's a world of difference. That said, Frugalone, you may not be in a position that requires your arrival at a specific time. So if it doesn't matter to your co workers or your boss then enjoy the range of choice you have!
    Well, I have a a colleague who is chronically EARLY. Since he pays me to do work for him, and we go on the road a lot, it causes me a great deal of stress. I'm usually on time for things and I don't have a problem with lateness, but I've found that if he says, "Meet me in the lobby at 7am," I'll go down 10 minutes early to be sure he doesn't have to wait for me, and he's usually there already!! I tease him about it, but it's like a game of one-upmanship--how early do I have to be in order to be the first one there??

I'm reminded of one of my favorite movie quotes, from Overboard, when Roddy McDowell serves Goldie Hawn her tea at exactly the right time and she whines, "Well! I almost had to wait!"
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information