Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chronic lateness

I see it as “frugal alone” - like she can’t find anyone else to be frugal with her.

And then there are those like my in-laws who were chronically early. If we went anywhere with them, we had to be there thirty minutes early for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Are you a passive-aggressive person frugalone?

Haha......ever since I saw your name on this forum, I see you as "Fruga-lone".
    Yes, in some ways I am. I would say that when it comes to work, definitely. Perhaps being late is one of the only ways I can express myself there. At this point, I'm resigned to what the job is (dead end), that very little will ever change here without a big change in administration, and that I'll probably be working the rest of my natural days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I see it as “frugal alone” - like she can’t find anyone else to be frugal with her.
    Yes, it is a lonely journey at times, isn't it?

I always read it "frug alone," and picture someone dancing gaily on to the music in her head. (Honestly, I don't even remember what the frug looked like...)

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I always read it "frug alone," and picture someone dancing gaily on to the music in her head. (Honestly, I don't even remember what the frug looked like...)
    LOL..........wasn't the frug something where you just wiggled your butt, and put your hands out one at a time, first palm down, then palm up, wiggling your butt all the while? Hadn't thought of that in a long time!

LOL..........wasn't the frug something where you just wiggled your butt, and put your hands out one at a time, first palm down, then palm up, wiggling your butt all the while? Hadn't thought of that in a long time!
    If you say so...
    ETA: Early twerking?

LOL........and also part of it was putting your fingers holding your nose closed, with the other hand in the air, and pretending to go down in the water. haha
    That was about the time of the Peppermint twist.....maybe a little later. haha

This is really interesting to me because I come at it from the opposite perspective. I have an assistant who is supposed to arrive at X time every day--and for a while I had someone who was chronically late, causing me inconvenience frequently. Now I have an assistant who is on time 98% of the time, what a change for the better! And who comes from twice the distance. I don't have to stay late to cover, I have time to converse and coordinate with the assistant--it's a world of difference. That said, Frugalone, you may not be in a position that requires your arrival at a specific time. So if it doesn't matter to your co workers or your boss then enjoy the range of choice you have!

LOL........and also part of it was putting your fingers holding your nose closed, with the other hand in the air, and pretending to go down in the water. haha
    That was about the time of the Peppermint twist.....maybe a little later. haha
    That first part was not the Frug, it was the Swim.

Thread Information