Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No wonder republican men are afraid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No wonder republican men are afraid

They're projecting onto democrats exactly what they would, and apparently did, try to do.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b055bc948bad9d

It's kind of sad that the republicans have turned into a clown car with no actual ideas and just a lot of chicanery. But I guess if you don't have any ideas or plans for how to make people's lives better or fairer or anything then you have no choice but to spend all your time trying to suppress votes, gerrymander districts, and toss BS like false sexual misconduct allegations at your political opponents and inconvenient government officials if you hope to remain in power.

I don't think they are afraid. I think they are confident. Why? Republicans know how to win. They work together and whip Dem ass nearly every time.

The same thing will likely happen next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I don't think they are afraid. I think they are confident. Why? Republicans know how to win. They work together and whip Dem ass nearly every time.

The same thing will likely happen next week.
    Interesting that you are in favor of Republicans. They represent big business. The tax cut recently was to the wealthy. None of these apply to you. What is your rationale?

I meant that they are afraid of young men fearing being falsely accused of sexual misconduct. Not the election. Because you may well be right that they will succeed at stealing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I meant that they are afraid of young men fearing being falsely accused of sexual misconduct.
    Explain...

I’m thinking at this point the Dems will lose 1-2 Senate seats and gain a narrow (12-15) majority in the House. You can all mock me for how wrong I got it next week.

My reasoning against a mighty blue wave is that the GOP got two substantial in-kind donations from the Dems. Pushing so hard and so nastily on the unprovable allegations against a SCOTUS nominee tended to increase the outrage-driven enthusiasm level of their opponents, which had been waning. The current freakout over how shabbily we will treat the approaching Honduran horde, will, I think, not have the desired effect on a voting public who generally likes the idea of exercising some control over who can cross our borders.

On the plus side for the Democrats, the realization seems to have dawned on some of them that local politics actually matters; and that actually working at the local level may be more effective than advancing conspiracy theories about voter suppression and Russian internet rumor-mongering.

We have 3 marijuana initiatives on the ballot, some with conflict with each other. I will vote NO on all since ballot initiatives are a poor way to govern, and I have lost track if these are binding or not.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    On the plus side for the Democrats, the realization seems to have dawned on some of them that local politics actually matters; and that actually working at the local level may be more effective than advancing conspiracy theories about voter suppression and Russian internet rumor-mongering.
    Really? Dems aren't into politics at the grassroots level? I didn't know that.

And I wasn't aware that they owned conspiracy-mongering. That strategy has definitely been a two-way street, amplified and perfected by our current GOP Commander-In-Chief
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Iris, coming from a legal pot state I would read those carefully as well. We thought that the tax money would be going directly to schools and to teachers but it is screwed up in the system. Some things are in pretty good shape, but wait until they get it sorted out first in a coherent manner.

Thread Information