Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: I'm so sick of political ads!!!!!

Williamsmith
    Nothing would please me more than to see Lyin’ Ted Cruz lose. It would signal the change of Texas from red to blue clearly as a result of blue millenials migrating to Texas from other parts of the country looking for jobs. Kind of ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    In our current political state of affairs , voting is to a democracy as a fork is to soup.
    Some soup can be eaten with a fork. Campbell's Chunky Soup, for example. You may not get every drop though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4vF-Xy-KFs

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Some soup can be eaten with a fork. Campbell's Chunky Soup, for example. You may not get every drop though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4vF-Xy-KFs
    Perhaps this years chosen utensil is the ubiquitous Boy Scout “spork.”

IL is now stuck with J.B. Pritzker. We are bloody fooked. He wants a mileage tax, raising the state income tax, and who knows what else. Scumbag took toilets out of a Chicago mansion to save $330K in property taxes (I don’t think he ever lived there). He was caught and paid it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Perhaps this years chosen utensil is the ubiquitous Boy Scout “spork.”
    I had no idea the boy scouts were into sporks. I thought that was just a taco bell thing. But I suppose it makes sense. Sporks are quite practical. Perhaps ultralite should replace his forks and spoons with them to reduce the number of things he owns while maintaining the same level of functionality.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    IL is now stuck with J.B. Pritzker. We are bloody fooked. He wants a mileage tax, raising the state income tax, and who knows what else. Scumbag took toilets out of a Chicago mansion to save $330K in property taxes (I don’t think he ever lived there). He was caught and paid it back.
    Hes worth 3.5 billion. $330,000 is pocket change.

It’s the principle of the thing not the amount. He was caught on tape with Blago, too, trying to get the Senate seat that the Great Savior (insert sarcasm) vacated when he went to DC.

Williamsmith
    Wisconsin....Governor. Walker needs to take a walk.

Glad to see you voted, Williamsmith.

I voted yesterday so I could get my mom in and out before the crush of people. It was touching to see a steady stream of people from all backgrounds and statuses marking their paper ballots.

Tonight I am not paying any attention to election results. What will happen will happen (perhaps with some lawsuits along the way, State of Georgia) and, at least tonight, I won't have to subject myself to breathless projections based on minuscule portions of the voting populace or inane commentary on TV while they kill time waiting for elections they can call.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Williamsmith
    I think that the politics of fear, ignorance, mudslinging, anger and stupidity has made voters search for a way to return civility to elected offices. There is a general yearning for a better decorum for political discourse. I hope this is a signal for the return of the pendulum.

Thread Information