Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm so sick of political ads!!!!!

I'm so sick of political ads!!!!!

They're constant, one right after the other. "You're a liar"......."No, you're the liar".........".you're too far right" ........."No, you're too far left"......
    Dang, I'll be glad when it's over. I think they're all having the opposite effect that these people are trying to have.

Thanks for reminding me of another advantage to being in VT. Since Bernie is a shoe-in, there are no political ads on tv up here, except for a couple here and there for local legislators. If I were in NJ, I'd be getting a barrage of them. I certainly don't miss them.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

On the morning news show, the ads run back-to-back-to-back.

I'd mind these ads much less if they spent their time saying what their candidate wants to do instead of downtalking the other candidate(s) with out-of-context quotes and misleading statistics.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Also sick of the phone calls. We don’t answer the phone at all. Can’t wait for this to be over.

And I get lots of texts ... yet another venue to irritate me.

Williamsmith
    Both parties are tied at the hip. It’s either an “elekey” or a “donphant”. A vote for either is a vote for the same. A vote for either is legitimizing a corrupt system. While everyone is busy choosing sides, they are busy planning how they are going to spend their money. When I see a politician leave office poorer than when he/she arrived.....then I will have found an honest politician. My US Congressman is a used car salesman with a net worth of 17 million dollars. His net worth when he entered office was around $400,000. He sold a lot of cars from his DC office I guess.

Citizens United. Just sayin'...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

We have continued to watch BBC America to get a more balanced view. We also either time shift and delete the commercials or mute them. I have stopped watching almost all American TV. Dont answer phone due to robo calls so I dont have to listen to political ones either. Mail is immediately tossed. We put our "already voted" sticker on our door and if anyone dares to ring the bell, I will ask if they can read.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Citizens United. Just sayin'...
    SteveinMN, I read your posts because they are thoughtful, concise, open-minded, considerate of others views and usually right. I’ll second that ^

I am probably not going to vote on Tuesday. Is it the beginning of an opt out policy for me? Not sure. But Tuesday, I will protest. A great philosopher, intellect and a little bit of a musician is quoted,

“Government is the entertainment division of the military- industrial complex.” Frank Zappa

Can’t understand why no one ever took him seriously. Haha.

Thank you, Williamsmith! I have my moments.

Frank was well ahead of his time. And I can only imagine how he would address the current political state. At least there would be some humor about it.

I didn't get to early voting today but will tomorrow. I wish I felt I could opt out of the process entirely, but I can't. I certainly can understand the feeling, though.

Thread Information