Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: I'm so sick of political ads!!!!!

Congrats on IL continung its tradition of crooked (usually Democratic) governors. You guys are blessed.He is speaking rightnthis very moment, covered here because IL is just a few miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    IL is now stuck with J.B. Pritzker. We are bloody fooked. He wants a mileage tax, raising the state income tax, and who knows what else. Scumbag took toilets out of a Chicago mansion to save $330K in property taxes (I don’t think he ever lived there). He was caught and paid it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Nothing would please me more than to see Lyin’ Ted Cruz lose. It would signal the change of Texas from red to blue clearly as a result of blue millenials migrating to Texas from other parts of the country looking for jobs. Kind of ironic.
    Periodically, the media anoints a messiah who will bring Texas into the light. Victor Morales. Wendy Davis. Julian Castro. Now "Beto". They gush about charisma, they publish glam photos, they bring in pop singers and ship in planeloads of cash. We hear way too much about pink sneakers and skateboards.

Once again, we see the limits of hype.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Periodically, the media anoints a messiah who will bring Texas into the light. Victor Morales. Wendy Davis. Julian Castro. Now "Beto". They gush about charisma, they publish glam photos, they bring in pop singers and ship in planeloads of cash. We hear way too much about pink sneakers and skateboards.

Texas is a lost cause.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post

That “Beto” performed at the level he did and made Cruz uncomfortable right up through last night should be evidence enough of a changing Texas electorate. A Democrat, with a DUI on his resume, a penchant for calling out the NRA in a state where the AR-15 is the official state firearm, and where progressive thought brings labels of “communism.” “Beto” should have been lucky to win his home district let alone actually show. The relationship between Trump supporters and Cruz fanboys couldn’t be more troubled. It took Cruz way too long to support Trump in his Presidential race. When the millenials Of Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin begin to grow roots and sprout families.....the Conservative Christian Right will begin to rust.

The blue wave was a joke.

When the millenials Of Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin begin to grow roots and sprout families.....the Conservative Christian Right will begin to rust.
    I agree the Christian demographic will almost certainly corrode but Conservatism typically thrives in a mature, stable environment.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

That “Beto” performed at the level he did and made Cruz uncomfortable right up through last night should be evidence enough of a changing Texas electorate. A Democrat, with a DUI on his resume, a penchant for calling out the NRA in a state where the AR-15 is the official state firearm, and where progressive thought brings labels of “communism.” “Beto” should have been lucky to win his home district let alone actually show. The relationship between Trump supporters and Cruz fanboys couldn’t be more troubled. It took Cruz way too long to support Trump in his Presidential race. When the millenials Of Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin begin to grow roots and sprout families.....the Conservative Christian Right will begin to rust.
    You Beto believe it! A demographic wave will sweep Texas, and people determined to make Texas a California style utopia will realize their manifest destiny. Because as we know, all young people think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    The blue wave was a joke.
    Perhaps an example of the folly of believing your own propaganda. Some of the brighter lights on the left were trying to manage expectations a little toward the end.

On the plus side for the Democrats, they’ll now be in a position to subpoena everyone who ever gave Trump a pedicure. They should put on quite a show between now and 2020.

I am happy with the results of the election for Congress. Our
    Claire Bear was defeated, and the House and Senate are controlled by opposing parties.

I am comfortable with gridlock. I like that Claire is gone.

I am happy that Whitmer and Stabenow won, very happy!

Thread Information