Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CNN: "The biggest terror threat in this country is white men"

CNN: "The biggest terror threat in this country is white men"

Don Lemon of CNN said: "The biggest terror threat in this country is white men"

Link: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...t-to-americans

It is annoying things like this that make me vote libertarian instead of Democrat.

Everyone is jumping on the crazy train)

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post

It is annoying things like this that make me vote libertarian instead of Democrat.
    That is a historical reference. Don was just quoting Native American King Beaver in 1794 after having met General Mad Anthony Wayne. King Beaver turned to his Delaware counsel and said, “ The biggest terror threat in this country is white men.” Ever since then, we’ve had the same foreign policy. This is ours. If you try to take it back, we’ll kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post

to channel bae, what are the stats surrounding mass murders?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    to channel bae, what are the stats surrounding mass murders?
    Which stats specifically are you asking for?
    My guess would be you are implying that the largest percentage of mass murders in the US were committed by males who are Caucasian. Is that what you are implying with your question?

Because we can play the stats and profiling games. But I don't think you want to do that.

I am a middle aged (ok, i’m 50, can pretend that’s still middle age?) white woman.

statistically the biggest human threats to my life are
    traffic
    The environment (family history of cancer)
    my dh (most murdered white women are killed by an intimate partner)
    Denny the white nationalist ptsd suffering vet across the street. Who is heavily armed and lax about his medication.

i am most afraid of traffic, but Denny is a close second.

A few questions:

What percentage of the US population is white and male?

If one took the international terrorism stats from all over the globe, which race and/or gender would you attribute it to? And please state this answer in the same way Don Lemon did. See how that makes you feel to state that.

Why not say: "The biggest terror threat in this country comes from right-wing extremists?"

I can just say overall I am more concerned about white males, I have a dad and a brother and a son, even an ex who I am currently not scared of. But in general if was walking down a dark alley or alone in a situation I would be most concerned of a white male. My personal history has shown me that they are the only ones who have ever given me trouble. So many years, and yeah white males.

There are stats to back it up, but I am just sharing my personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I can just say overall I am more concerned about white males, I have a dad and a brother and a son, even an ex who I am currently not scared of. But in general if was walking down a dark alley or alone in a situation I would be most concerned of a white male. My personal history has shown me that they are the only ones who have ever given me trouble. So many years, and yeah white males.

There are stats to back it up, but I am just sharing my personal experience.
    Do you generally judge people by their skin color or by the content of their character?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post

There are stats to back it up...
    You know, that is the same phrase that white supremacists say when they claim that black men are the most violent people in the US.

You use their same rationale, but on a different racial demographic. How does that make you feel to have that in common with white supremacists?

Thread Information