Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CNN: "The biggest terror threat in this country is white men"

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Jane, have you read this article on Incels?

It seems fairly comprehensive. Lots of info.
    I am so puzzled by this:

"Incel" is short for "involuntarily celibate."

It's a movement made up almost entirely of men who claim they "can't have sex despite wanting to," according to incels.me.
    It seems to be that celibacy is entirely a choice. These men can have sex anytime they want (and even if they are significantly disabled, there are ways).

What they are whining about is that they can't have sex with a woman (or whoever) when they want. They feel entitled to have access to a woman's body, and the ability to have an orgasm with her, at their convenience. And that level of entitlement is just, well, ill-making.

As a dumpy male-presenting person in my 50s with no particular distinguishing features or "game", it has been made clear to me that opportunities for sexual interaction with other people are not scarce at all. These "incels" need to get off the Internet and out into the real world.

Ultralight, I did a lot of reading on incels in an attempt to understand Elliot Rodgers--still don't, really.

It seems to me that many of them feel entitled to a certain kind of women--sorority women, yoga practitioners, and in the case of the Ecole Polytechnique shooting, the best and the brightest of female students. It seems obvious to me that they should practice being men worthy of love and quit seeing women as prey, but once they start marinating in their hatred, they may be beyond reclamation. We may all be safer if they stay away from the rest of us...

they can probably have sex with a woman whenever they want to as well, I mean are they really so far gone that prostitutes refuse their money? (if they are dangerous she should) Might have a somewhat higher STD risk there though I guess.

I don't think the sex prospects are great for everyone but they make too big a deal out of the whole thing and would probably have better luck if they were just seeking casual sex, and don't have a right to anyone's body (and why anyone would want to be with such jerks I don't know either).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    they can probably have sex with a woman whenever they want to as well, I mean are they really so far gone that prostitutes refuse their money? (if they are dangerous she should) Might have a somewhat higher STD risk there though I guess.
    I engage in health/education outreach efforts to the sexworker community in the PNW area, and my understanding of the statistics is that, in general, sexworkers have a lower rate of STD infection/transmission than the casual dating public. Now, of course, there are different types of sexworkers, and some are at high risk, thus my "in general" weasel-wording.

Now, as to safety/danger from the client, screening of clients is a thing, as is blacklisting. Which may limit the opportunities for service for the incels.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It seems obvious to me that they should practice being men worthy of love and quit seeing women as prey, but once they start marinating in their hatred, they may be beyond reclamation.
    I think most anyone is capable of redemption. But it's work.

We may all be safer if they stay away from the rest of us...
    Well, at least this way they don't breed, and raise their own children with such toxic attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

As a dumpy male-presenting person in my 50s with no particular distinguishing features or "game", it has been made clear to me that opportunities for sexual interaction with other people are not scarce at all. These "incels" need to get off the Internet and out into the real world.
    This is one of the same issues I take with incels. I wear Hawaiian shirts, jeans, a ball cap, and grubby sneakers. I am overweight, balding, middle-aged, and I have a mustache. My car is a 2012 compact. I don't make much money at all. My sense of humor is at times zany and off-color. I could go on. But you get it.

And last week a former flame of mine called me and told me she moved to Chicago (a quick flight from Columbus). She said: "If you transport yourself here you can stay in my apartment, I will buy your food and pay for whatever events we attend. And we can @#$% as much as we like."

So I agree. Sex is quite accessible, even for the schlubs of the world! haha

I see an incel is in the news for shooting up a yoga studio.
    He was on record for hating nearly everyone who wasn't a white male.
    The face of American terrorism.
    Jane, why did you post this comment to this thread though?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Jane, why did you post this comment to this thread though?
    Because it was a case of terrorism that happened within the last day or two: I brought up incels before it happened, though.

Because it was a case of terrorism that happened within the last day or two: I brought up incels before it happened, though.
    Okay, but you know Elliot Rodgers was not white, right? And neither was Alek Minassian, that crazy incel that killed people in Toronto. Both of them had Autism/Aspergers too, which is probably worth noting.

The guy who shot up the yoga studio was white though.

That is why I am not sure your comment really fits what you have already said on this thread. Or are you now saying that domestic terrorism is a multi-ethic problem?

It seems domestic terrorism is a pale, male problem with a few exceptions.

Thread Information