Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irritation with local women news people

Irritation with local women news people

With all this "Me too" movement, I don't understand how some women continue to present themselves on our local TV stations. I watch the morning CBS local station, in particular, but it's really starting to bother me.
    They wear skin tight dresses, giggle a lot. One evening news woman tonight on a local NBC station, who I think does a great job, is wearing a fairly low-cut dress with cut-out shoulders and frilly stuff further down on her upper arms.
    I don't understand this. I think this takes away from how they are viewed (at least by me). I know many women have said that they don't dress for men, that they just feel better about themselves when they "dress up"........but I think they don't realize that that's how this culture has raised them to dress....to be noticed by men. I sure wish they would present themselves in a more professional manner. Some of you will say it's my problem if I'm judging them on their attire/the way they present themselves, but I think this is such a contradiction in what's going on in this country with the Me Too movement.

I know it's probably what is expected of them when they want the job........but that's another irritation. Why does the media think that women have to act/look this way in order to be hired and on the air?

Yppej
    I don't get why they wear sleeveless dresses in the middle of winter when temperatures are subzero. Why can't the male anchors work out, develop some good pecs, and wear wifebeater shirts on the air?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I don't get why they wear sleeveless dresses in the middle of winter when temperatures are subzero. Why can't the male anchors work out, develop some good pecs, and wear wifebeater shirts on the air?
    LOL Yppej!

Maybe because they like the dresses? Maybe because they have a different tolerance to temperatures? To really get an answer, you would have to ask them.
    They can, but maybe the male anchors don't want to work out ? ("Good" pecs is very subjective.)
    Male anchors shouldn't wear wifebeater shirts on the air just as female anchors shouldn't wear husbandbeater shirts on the air.

To me the whole MeToo thing is about anybody of either sex being able to say "No" and having that response accepted and respected, without suffering retribution for saying it.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    To me the whole MeToo thing is about anybody of either sex being able to say "No" and having that response accepted and respected, without suffering retribution for saying it.
    Being able to say "no" about simple matters of personal body autonomy endangers the entire fabric of our civilization!

My favorite broadcaster is Rachel Maddow who wears "a ten dollar blazer" (actually one of a number of lookalike jackets) every night over a pair of baggy jeans that remain out of camera view. I don't want to be entertained/distracted by costuming, either male or female.

I love Rachel but she gets worked up and I can only take so much of that.

I always feel sorry for the anchor guys who have to wear shirts and nooses around their necks, all covered by a (usually ill-fitting) suit coat. Those studio lights are why the women dress sleevelessly. It's hot on camera.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Thread Information